Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom III release date confirmed

Options
  • 28-05-2004 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

Activision England have confirmed that 'Doom 3: The Legacy' will be released on June 14th!

Just a few weeks away! It'll cost €52.99.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Can you maybe provide a link,i find that date a bit unbelieveable because the game has not gone gold yet as far as i know.:dunno:

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

mint:)
    that should give a healthy gap between this and Half-Life 2 (i've got a ****ing massive backlog of games at the mo, i'll be lucky to have them all cleared by september)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I heard this as well, cant remember the link but it was official looking

also there will be no D3 demo before the release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

tman you think you have a back log i must have 20 games to clear. All thanks to PC World selling there games for 10 to 20euro 2 months ago.

But if doom does come out on the 14th ill put all the games aside just for it. After all i must have played Doom 2 hours a day for a year, on my 486 years and years ago. I just hope Doom3 does the name&game justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Well, I can't find a single link to it. I've looked on Activision US, Activision UK, Doom3.com & their pre-order partners, Eurogamer, Gamespot, and Gamasutra - not a mention.

Personally, I think if their pre-order partners haven't got wind of it, it can't be true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Hmmm. Posted by "Anonymous", and the link supplied under that quote has no mention of Doom3. I'm not exactly convinced...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

So far, all I can find on this is a website (in English), I never seen before, giving their source as two other websites (in German), I never seen before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Is Reznor still doing the sound for it??

I remember being really excited when I heard he was, but read somewhere recently that he pulled out cos it was taking too long and he wanted to work on his next NIN album...

Flogen

Originally posted by flogen
    Is Reznor still doing the sound for it??

I remember being really excited when I heard he was, but read somewhere recently that he pulled out cos it was taking too long and he wanted to work on his next NIN album...

Flogen

Yeah, he worked intermittently on it. I'm looking forward to hearing some of it in full, 5.1 surround goodness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Screwball

Originally posted by plazz2000
    Activision England have confirmed that 'Doom 3: The Legacy' will be released on June 14th!

Just a few weeks away! It'll cost €52.99.

Would someone care to explain, then, why I received the following (via snailmail) from Gameplay this week?

<quote>
    We currently expect the Deluxe version to be available from the end of August and the standard version to be available 8 weeks after that.
    </quote>

And before anyone asks - "The exact contents of the Deluxe version have not yet been announced".

Deluxe Ver: - £34.99 (limited stock!)
    Standard ver:- £26.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Looks like the source has been removed too from shortnews.stern.de, so I'd say we'll be waiting a bit longer for Doom 3 yet :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I posted this last week, from some other german site. Seems the germans know something we dont, apparrently. Im kinda skeptical tho, no news on any game sites i visit, gamesradar.com, eurogamer.net, gamershell.com or computerandvideogames.com. Youd think theyd have heard something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Originally posted by Screwball
    <quote>
    We currently expect the Deluxe version to be available from the end of August and the standard version to be available 8 weeks after that.
    </quote>

And before anyone asks - "The exact contents of the Deluxe version have not yet been announced".

Deluxe Ver: - £34.99 (limited stock!)
    Standard ver:- £26.99

i am guessing that the Deluxe version will be like RtCW Special Edition in that it will include the original Doom 1 and 2 in the package as well as poster and such. hopefully this will be the case as "collector edition" type game packages with extra software content rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

My 1 single problem with doom3 is there is no head in the hud like in doom i loved the head at the bottom of the screan.
    still im happy to have doom3 out ill be playing it 14 hours a day during my leaving i cant wait

Advertisement