Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox and temporary files

Options
  • 28-05-2004 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hello,
    just wondering if anyone knows can i change firefox to store cache files in their original form i.e. like IE does in its Temporary Internet Files folder. As far as i can see Firefox stores them in some fancy cache files or something (spot the non expert!). Any ideas??
    Bostitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Should find all you need to know on the Firefox texturizer site here

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Firefox has a nice way to view files that are in both your memory and file cache. In the Address Bar, type - about:cache. This will take you to a page that allows you to view a summary of your browser cache and also will allow you to browse the files stored in the cache.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but it may help..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You should move to Internet Explorer, it's much better*.

adam

*Humour

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by dahamsta
    You should move to Internet Explorer, it's much better*.

adam

*Humour

Its a full featured browser that includes features* that allow website to fully interact with your pc

*note: some of these features may actually be security holes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bostitch

cheers for that,
    it really should be a lot easier to access those files though. i normally use firefox, but often have to use IE to grab some cache files. very annoying.
    Bostitch

• Advertisement
Advertisement