Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Help

Options
  • 28-05-2004 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Any students coming up to the Leaving Cert. who get stuck with exam questions or any other Maths problem can get help on a new Maths Forum. Outline your query and experienced Maths teachers will guide you towards a solution. The solution is written on a whiteboard that comes up on your screen. Good luck with your exams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

That link doesn't seem to be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

I think the forum he ment was: Maths Forum

Nice site, just a pity there aren't more posts/solutions. Is it just for maths, or can they help with physics/applied maths too? Some of the questions that have been asked/answered seem to be a ot more applied maths than pure maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maths Teacher

Yes - anything of a Mathematical nature - Physics, Applied Maths...

I guess not many people know about it, thats why you dont have that many post/solutions.

Another possibily is that lots of people have maths solutions. Not wanting to turn on their pcs and interact with all of those distractions...

Looking at the site, it is only maths. Dont think they can help with physics (all those formulae...), they might help with applied, cause this q
    looks like applied or a c part of higher maths.

Anyway, I should be studying right now...

• Advertisement

I was wrong then. Should have refreshed before posting.

Maths Teacher: Can you help with most mathematical physics problems?

Originally posted by Sarunas
    this q
    looks like applied or a c part of higher maths.

I was wondering about that question actually - it doesn't seem like any applied question I've ever seen, and it's a bit difficult for a maths part (c), I've never seen it on an exam paper. College course maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Maths Teacher

I don't know where it came from - perhaps a student doing some type of numerical analysis course. We weren't sure how we would answer it for him/her. If we knew he/she was a college Physics student then we would have invoked some equations from the Physics course. As we did not know we went for a very general solution. But definitely not a Leaving Cert. question. The board is set up for Second Level students but we will try and help anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Cool, I might post there tomorrow, need a hand with an integration question.

Advertisement