Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reinstalling win95

Options
  • 28-05-2004 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Put 2000 on my laptop but it aint fast enough so im going back to win95. Know how to do clean install etc. My problem is with drivers. How do i take them with me? where do they be and what do i do when i get 95 up and running? What drivers should i take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

If you do a clean install back to win95, you need to source the drivers from the internet. once drivers are installed on a system, you cant just copy & paste ( Well you can but thats a nightmare)

Give us the name of the laptop with company and serial numbers or service tags.

Finding the drivers is simple once I have the info.

Also please list the spec of your laptop,

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

Its a dell latitude CP laptop. It has 32Mb RAM and thats all I know. How many drivers am i going to need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

and the service tag is LPYSR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

http://support.euro.dell.com/ie/en/index.asp?segment=DHS&rlevel=&referrer=

That should show you a box to input your service tag ... slap it in, and you've got a whole section of the site dedicated solely to your *cough* 'beautiful' lappy :)

Advertisement