Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Metroid goodies!"

Options
  • 28-05-2004 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Nintendo:
    Hey Metroid-fan!

Thank you for registering your two recent Metroid purchases. As a reward for doing so, simply click the link below to gain access to some exclusive Metroid MP3s, along with a very cool Metroid-themed Winamp Skin.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/MetroidFans/Metroid_Fans_download.zip

Thanks once again for registering!

Please note: Some users may need to enable ?Desktop Alpha Blending? in their Winamp options menu to see the skin in its full glory.

The MP3's are :

> Fusion - Sector 4 AQA
    > Prime - Frigate Underwater
    > Zero Mission - Brinstar

The 2 GBA ones are a bit, erm, GBA quality - but the prime one is nice.

Just a little over 5MB for them all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got this too!
    I LOVE the frigate underwater music, dying for the fudgin' download to finish so I can listen to it without going all the way upstairs to my GC...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I'm just downloading it... err just got that email from Nintendo, yeah, that's it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

meh, if they didn't want me to share they should have said so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

winamp skin - smeh, classic skin on 5.03 all the way tbh.
    music - i've already downloaded most of prime's music and the gba music didn't do much for me tbh.

downloading it purely for ****s & giggles:)
    /me strokes college connection

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It's quite easy to find the whole sound track on the p2p networks. Some of the tunes are pretty good. Not sure quite how illegal downloading game sound tracks is; maybe it's okay if you own the game?

• Advertisement

it's prolly not entirely legal to download game soundtracks, i have absolutely no qualms in doing so however.
    i've paid good money for the game, i have the right to experience seperate parts of it whenever the hell i feel like it.

tallon overworld 2 is the nicest bit of music from metroid prime (gotta love that minimoog acshun:) )

Originally posted by tman
    it's prolly not entirely legal to

You could say not legal at all.

strange.
    i've never seen any copyright breach warnings when downloading tools for ripping the music from pc games... i'd just assumed that it was a legal grey area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by tman
    strange.
    i've never seen any copyright breach warnings when downloading tools for ripping the music from pc games... i'd just assumed that it was a legal grey area

I've never seen any signs asking me not to shoot humans in the face while walking down the street. That must be a legal grey area too eh?

.logic.

Here's a bit I found when trying to brush up on Irish copyright law...

"There is no system of registration for copyright protection in Ireland as copyright arises automatically on the creation of an original work. You do not need to publish your work, to put a copyright notice on it or do anything else to be covered by copyright - protection is free and automatic. "

The copyright notice is one to "remind" people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by monument
    Here's a bit I found when trying to brush up on Irish copyright law...

"There is no system of registration for copyright protection in Ireland as copyright arises automatically on the creation of an original work. You do not need to publish your work, to put a copyright notice on it or do anything else to be covered by copyright - protection is free and automatic. "

The copyright notice is one to "remind" people.

so does that mean, anything you create, you can put a little © on it and you can 'take action' if anyone uses it?

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    so does that mean, anything you create, you can put a little © on it and you can 'take action' if anyone uses it?

It means you don't really need the © note.

Advertisement