Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 prepaid roaming in the states

Options
  • 28-05-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

o2 have told me in the past pre-paid will not work in the states but i know people that have gone over and they've had no problems.

i dont want to take a bill-pay sim if possible as it would mean swapping with my sister or something and i'd be getting calls, texts from other people and it would be costly and confusing.

orlando is were im heading so if anyone has had experience of using o2 prepaid there i'd appreciate if u could let me know. i also have a meteor sim, (not registered to roam) so i suppose theres no chance of that working either unless you pay the €60?

even if vodafone pre-pay would work i'd buy a sim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea i' love to know some info on this, i'm hitting miami next month...

i'm on the vodafone network...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Meteor is the only pay as you go phone company in ireland that lets you roam outside europe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    Meteor is the only pay as you go phone company in ireland that lets you roam outside europe

Meteor are the only one that tell you that you can roam outside europe but the reality is that o2 prepaid works in the states and elsewhere but for some reason CC say that it doesnt. My mate has used o2 prepaid in the states for over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

the roaming rates are a joke, another example of rip-off ireland, just get your phone unlocked and buy a cheap sim in the states. It will prob work out cheaper.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by dub_dan
    the roaming rates are a joke, another example of rip-off ireland, just get your phone unlocked and buy a cheap sim in the states. It will prob work out cheaper.

Where can u buy pre-paid sims? I've seen some advertised on the net but you have to pay a monthly fee up front. Is there a card you can buy that works like they do here?

• Advertisement
Advertisement