Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 2: The Anniversary Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

bah. that total shit. It was the first games that zangief was shit. You could just fireball him to death with ryu or ken. hee didn't have his banishing flat to counter them and they didn't go through his double lariat as they do now. His jump was was so low and short it had to be timed perfectly to jump over a fireball. Think you got it all wrong kdjac.

I seem to spend my life defending CvSnk2 on this board but how and ever i think you shouldn't get hung up about the crap graphics. give the game a chance and you'll see it decent. My only gripe with it is how they effectively gave shin akuma half health:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I play you on Sf2 i pick Zangief and you Ken/ryu throw fireballs constantly i guarantee you gonna see a spinning piledriver very quickly.

Zang and Dhalsim have counters for that fireball thing, Zang can reach tru them and dhal can go under or over them.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

CvSNK2 is brilliant. Sure a few sprites look old (Morrigan being the main offender) but what about the new ones? You can't tell me you actually managed to resist drooling when you first saw the new sprites they gave Bison/Ryu/Ken/Akuma? Give out about graphics all you want but in SF's case balanced gameplay and depth always come above graphics.

My only gripe with it is how they effectively gave shin akuma half health

Umm maybe that has something to do with him being ridiculously fast and powerful?

he's fast and he has good moves but he's not as strong as any of the heavy weights like sagat, blanka balrog etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

WHAT GAMEPLAY ? its the exact same as street fighter alpha 3 with an extra mode with several players, its a 2d game, graphics are not rocket science, gameplay is always important but when it comes to a 2d game graphics are also important, ure saying ud play a great game with stick men in it ? snk vs campcom 2, graphics horrible.
    check out choas
    svcchaos_tgs_092703_06.jpg

snkvscapcom_012604_003.jpg
    i bought snk vs capcom 2 , then i sold it soon, i might give it ago again...

compare snk vs capcom 2 , to
    Marvel vs capcom 2
    guilty gear X series
    Street fighter 3 !
    SVC Chaos
    even
    Samsho 5
    Kof 2003

cant wait for SF3, GGX isuka and capcom fighting Jam !
    capfj1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zangief was an excellent character. His jumps needed good timing but he could take a beating and then murder you when he got close. However as Kdjac stated he cud be beaten by any character. Thats the beauty of SF2 (especially CE), the game was so well balanced and the characters still had different play styles and personality, it didn't resort to the cheap trick of making the characters all the same except for some special moves (*cough* mortal kombat)

he was an ok character in super street fighter 2 turbo. he was NOT good in the original game. ok?:)

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    he was an ok character in super street fighter 2 turbo. he was NOT good in the original game. ok?:)

You must suck with him ,think it was Logie i got a perfect with zangief on ,he was Ken and hes not bad :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Zangief sucks.
    That is all :p

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Zangief sucks.
    That is all :p

#emulation.ie

That is all.
    kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

dont have irc
    that is all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

For anyone planning to buy this game, it uses high resolution presentation for a game that was originally how resolution. It will therefore look pixelly. It might not be so noticeable on a small TV but it's something to keep in mind if you're fussy about authentic, good-looking 2D visuals. If you're not sure what I mean, think about the way an old arcade game looks in MAME running full screen on your PC without scanlines. That's what you're getting.

Originally posted by Placebo
    WHAT GAMEPLAY ? its the exact same as street fighter alpha 3 with an extra mode with several players,
    I hardly think its EXACTLY the same as Alpha 3. You've got 6 different Grooves instead of 3 'isms' and new features like rolling, running, parrying and dodging and you can select teams of up to 3 characters and distribute power accordingly. Bit more than Alpha 3 eh?
    its a 2d game, graphics are not rocket science, gameplay is always important but when it comes to a 2d game graphics are also important,
    Graphics are important but nowhere near as important as how well the game plays imo. Have you actually played SvsC: Chaos? Or are you just applying to the "the graphics are pretty so the game must play like a godess" theory? From what I've heard it plays like some outdated Fatal Fury game. Also they completely ruined the SF characters in the game with their feckin SNK 4 button attack control system and stupidly quick 1 second charging ( for Guile, Blanka etc.)

ure saying ud play a great game with stick men in it ? snk vs campcom 2, graphics horrible.
    Well I find the graphics to be fine. Most of the Alpha 3 sprites are bit old, granted, but not really that old and still look relatively good to me. The reused sprites from the first Capcom vs SNK look great as far as I'm concerned, as do the brand new ones. The backgrounds look fantastic to me too. My only gripe is with the Morrigan, Nakoruru characters, that are downright disgraceful looking.

Graphics are important but nowhere near as important as how well the game plays imo. Have you actually played SvsC: Chaos? Or are you just applying to the "the graphics are pretty so the game must play like a godess" theory? From what I've heard it plays like some outdated Fatal Fury game. Also they completely ruined the SF characters in the game with their feckin SNK 4 button attack control system and stupidly quick 1 second charging ( for Guile, Blanka etc.)

i played the arcade rom, i will be buying it for ps2 pretty soon, the street fighter characters were obviously changed to a 4 button attack control to level out the game, as opposed to the same old ken and ryu fireing away against poor old (by old i mean OLD) morgan.
    But maybe i`m being a bit of an extremist here, all i can really remeber is that it was ****e, but i bet its the ps2, i ve 22 games for it and i dont play em, so i might give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Snk vs. capcom chaos on the ps2 retains all the bugs, glitches and bad physics of the hacked rom, hahahhaa only playmore could continue to flog the dead horse that is KOF.
    My opinion, if the game has "versus" in the title, steer clear.

Originally posted by bugs

Damn Straight :D

kdjac

Originally posted by bugs

Bah if we did that we'd never experience the joys of 60+ hit uber combos in Marvel vs Capcom 2! :D

^^ Is that game any good btw?

Yeah its good fun. Though if like Placebo you didn't like the graphics in CapcomvsSNK2 then I'd steer well clear of this, the majority of the character animations are fairly old. Although it is slightly manic for my liking.

If you do get it be prapared to say goodbye to your thumbs :dunno: .

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

When your thumbs are blackenned and numb you should be halfway to mastering the game, I draw the line at gang green tho, maybe call a doctor then... but make sure and practise while your waiting for him, some faint oozing is a healthy sign *_*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street fighter 2 on the snes gave me blisters on my thumbs in the shape of the arrows on the d-pad. Really played that game far too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

the game is great, i love these remakes, looking forward to virtua racer on ps2 next

the movie is in japanese :( no subtitles either

Originally posted by l3rian

the movie is in japanese :( no subtitles either

Wha? Mine is in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Arcade rom of chaos is rubbish.

Capcom VS SNK 2 is far better.

Turbo, Alpha 2 and 3 are the kings though.

Zangief rules, only guy I could beat Bison on with 8 stars on the SNES original.

Can do it with Dhalsim now:D

Dhalsim is great if I train up with him I end up teleportin' all over the place during the match. Confuses the hell outta the oponent :p

the movie is in japanese no subtitles either

i seen that movie in 97-98 if i remember correctly and i thought it was AMAZING !
    and i still do ! so much better than the new alpha one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

yea it looks AMAZING alright Placebo, even from this jap version theres a real meanness to the movie that holywood wouldnt go for, im going to have to find the english version of this

Advertisement