Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did peoples Graduation night's go?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 6:11pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mine was mad!!

It was in Zanzibar, but all they were playing was house, so after like 3 hours of it, we all moved to Spirit, which I wasn't mad about but sure, it was a good night in spite.

All the cool teachers were there! And everyone got plastered! Twas enjoyable.

Mad, but enjoyable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

were you in the zanz last night?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Until about 12.30-1ish.

We were the crowd upstairs.

Were you yourself?

were were upstairs as well. were were the guys in the 2 couches nearest the cocktail bar, which was closed :( . It wasn't that busy at all. We practically had the dancefloor to ourselves. I got so locked and bought everybody drinks and just had an absoultly fantastic nite. do you go to tempelogue

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Cool. Lol, I think I met one of you lads in Spirit.

lol...weird.

Edit/Oh Colaiste de hÍde, the irish school. We were sat opposite you lot.

what did he look like. did he have long blonde hair or I was he a very tall guy in a suit but with no tie

• Advertisement

No, not the blonde guy. And everyone had shirts and ties on!! Lol...em. I'll pm you or something, not gonna discuss it on an open forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

My Grad was last week, did absolutely nothing, had no money nor fake I.D :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well my old schools graduation was on Wednesday.. and me being me I spent about 50 quid out clubbing etc. Today was my present school's graduation... I went in for 3 pints but have no money to crack onto all the chicks I fancy/think are cute/would settle for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Ours was ok, nothing amazing. Went out to a few pubs (well, the six of us that had ID anyway... fake or otherwise) and to a club afterwards, home about 3am. Bit of an anti-climax really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

got arrested at 11, great nite previously tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I hear down in Kerry some 17/yo youngwan is pressing charges of rape/sexual assault.

Sounds like a healthy LC party to me !

Hmmmmm GoneShootin, your idea of a healthy party doesn't involve snuff by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Well my old schools graduation was on Wednesday.. and me being me I spent about 50 quid out clubbing etc
    And everyone got plastered
    Christ above, e50! On my graduation night in 1988, I took £5 with me, and drank 2 glasses of lucozade (had £2 change which I returned to my father). I was too busy dancing with my friends (I suppose we had better music then) to worry about getting pissed! That was the norm then. Nowadays you must only be concerned with getting drunk and not remembering what happened the night before. Nobody seems to dance anymore, or even try to have fun without consuming vast quantities of alcohol. Young people nowadays have TOO MUCH money. Don't know what your opinion is on this, but I think it's terrible.

kelle you think that above e50 is bad. On thursday night at my grad night we went to zanzibar and i spent e150 buyin everybody drinks. It was fantastic best night ever. And I dont believe with your statement that you have to be locked in order to have a good night out. I didn't start drinkin till i was 18 and i had a great time before when i had no drink on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Same here stuey. I didnt start drinking till the graduations either. I only get hammered maybe twice/three times in the year for those post exams or otherwise special occasions. BUT there is a chronis drink problem with the youth in this country.

Still, LC drinking of the graduation is almost a rite of passage....

Originally posted by kelle
    Christ above, e50! On my graduation night in 1988, I took £5 with me, and drank 2 glasses of lucozade (had £2 change which I returned to my father).

Well, it cost all of us €27 euro just to get into the club (bus, entry, coat check), thats without even having a drink, which were all at least €4. Rip off? Yes. *BUT* it is the last time I'm ever going to see or go out with some of those people, so it's definetly worth it. Just wait for the debs, thats when it's gonna get expensive. Haven't even found anybody to ask yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Graduated last year, didn't drink on my graduation at all. How a really great night. I drink my heavies when I'm with ****. Otherwise I'm having to much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

the 6th yrs in our school, had their graduation last thusday wk.
    they were all dressed up for the mass and then went into town in hired buses with the teachers. they went clubbing and had a great time i believe,all college stundents wer out too...place was packed!
    a teacher who went out with them said2our class the next day that all the 18yr old girls wer handing their passports back to the non18yr olds with help from other teachers2 and the bouncer jst briefly lukd at them and went...ya da grand, knowing that it wasnt them in da pic@all.

me however, only a year2go......

Im very lucky in that the people i go to school with/go out with are all very sound. there is only about 3-4 **** in the whole year. Everybody else is bang on. I've never had to drink just cause im out with a bad crowd of people i dont like

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

well yes, id rather spend 50quid on drugs and not alcohol but i thought alcohol would be more appropriate

• Advertisement

Im in 5th year at the moment and my friends in 6th year, I did transition year, most didn't, are going out on Monday night for their grad night. I am in two minds about going. I want to, but it could end up crap because most of the people are knackers and my close friends will be interested in talking to them all night just to feel cool or whatever. Also I have Geography and Irish tests the following morning.

Im also fighting with my best friend, and I think that it would not go down well if I went along :)

The debs will be the last time I get to go out with all my classmates though, that should be fun.

Okay, I accept I was being a little too harsh. It only cost £3 to go to my local nightclub from 1985-1989 (I moved to London then), and there was no cover charge into any pubs. I'm panickng at the thought of how much it'll cost for my two toddlers to go out when their time comes!
    I didn't start drinking until I was 22, but even though I had a very well paid job I found I couldn't really afford to overindulge.
    I work in a hospital and I hate when I'm up all night Thursday, friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights dealing with f&*king drunks who won't co-operate for their examinations! That's why I get ratty when I hear of people constantly getting plastered.
    Enjoy your graduation!

kelle i can understand ur frustration. I've been insured on my mums car for since october now and i've been driving people everywhere and havin a great laugh. but i know what its like to be tired and have a whole pile of people around you who are sh*t faced and be givin them lifts home. its different for me cause I got along with the people i give lifts to. you have to deal with all the random drunks

You're very brave/stupid stuey... driving a car full of **** faced people home late at night isn't always exactly "safe"...

I know. Its all a bit of fun tho. Im just enjoying my last ever year in secondary school as best i can.

Good on you, Stuey, I'm full of admiration for you. And i'd say your friend's parents are so relieved to have a resposible young man like yourself driving them home. God, I sound like your own mum, and I'm only 33 (aargh, ONLY!, and to make it worse I'm 34 on June 8th).
    Stuey, i'm so glad you're enjoying your final year in secodary school, but college/university will be even better! And (generally) your drink will be subsidised so it won't be as hard on your pocket.

Thanks a lot Kelle. Im actually just home from givin a whole pile of friends a lift home from a free gaf i was at. :). I have 3 rules to life, kelle that keep my buzzin all the time and i've mentioned them so many times on the forums to spread the word. they even keep me going durin the leavin cert.
    1. Choose your attitude. dont let the situation you in choose your attitude
    2. Play
    3. Make there day.

I've lived by them for 5 months now and i've never been happier at any moment in my life.
    your drink will be subsidised so it won't be as hard on your pocket

I've never even thought of that. its going to be great
    and to make it worse I'm 34 on June 8th
    growin up cant be that bad. just do things that make you and the people around you happy and you'll be laughin till ur 80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Went to "The Orchard" (a local pub) with about 10 other people and had a great laugh there for a few hours, then i foolishly decided to head into town.

I grabbed a taxi at about 1:30am, and was supposed to meet up with a few ppl in zanzibar (or however you spell it) but i ended up going to feckin Spirit, which was feckin ****E!

I really regret not going to zanzibar, as i left spirit after about 45 mins and headed home, as it was (in my opinion) a pile of great big *****.

Still, the orchard was a great laugh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

went drinkin in a graveyard first, gards came, took the drink...one of my friends went to get it back, kicked the cop car and almost got arrested...funny $hit!!!:D

we all went to Doms(donegal town...gr8 wee spot!) with the teachers an got full,then wed went 2 The Abbey(also donegal town), and got even drunker (sp?)........:D

didnt get home till after 4, and the stupid birds kept me awake all mornin!!!:(

im still hungover.............. :dunno: (great nite tho!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Did you give anyone head, Barbie?

Advertisement