Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Auctions

Options
  • 28-05-2004 6:37pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am going to be buying my other half her first car in about 3/4 weeks,a few people have told me that the Auctions can be a good place to pick up a car,have any of you done this and if so what are the pros and cons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Watch out for traders they will buy two or three cars , what thier buying will be usualy good.They will go up to 2000 grand under retail value.You can recognise traders because they will have a little book saying confidental on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by knife_fighter
    They will go up to 2000 grand under retail value.
    Does the auctioneer pay the trader a grand if the winning bid is a grand? :)

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

so do you think it will be worth my while going out....I am looking for a car around 6000/7000 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Go to a couple of auctions first to get a feel for what they are like and how they operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Yeah you should get something quite nice for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement