Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gran Caneria

• 28-05-2004 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

Just a quick one folks, just wondering what the price of drink is like? i've heard its cheap as chips in the supermarkets but I want to know about the bars/ nightclubs..just want to budget how much to bring...was thinking 1400 for 2 weeks boozin? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds plenty. When we were there about 3 years ago, drinks were about 50-70% of Dublin prices in tourist bars (you will do better in bars designed for locals, but without the "atmosphere"), but off-licence prices were quite a bit less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Thats LOADS - drink is very cheap in the supermarkets - they have their own brand of beer in the bars - think its called Tropical - is fairly nice, shots are about 2 euro or thereabouts - depends where ye go really. But 1400 is plenty.

I think it was about 2 euro or 2.50 for a pint of that Tropical.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by trotter_inc
    ...think its called Tropical - is fairly nice..

uuggghhh!!! hate that feckin stuff, and gives ya a thumping headache the next
    day.. :(

Amstel is fairly cheap over there and its good enough quality beer..

Once you stay away from the more popular brands found here in ireland like
    heineken, carlsberg, budweiser and the irish beers they you wont be paying too
    much.. but even so as the lads said its all much cheaper than over here...

In fact Id say the most you would need per night is about €60-€80 and thats drinking
    everything ya can get yer hands on... plus buying everyone around ya a drink.. :D

€1400 is plenty and you should come home with change from it..

Tox

I thought it was lovely - same as any other beer once you get used to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

maybe it was just me so.. but about the 3rd night I was there, started drinkin that
    stuff and the next day I was dying.. :dunno:

So stuck to heineken and stella after that..

Tox

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I was drinking Carlsberg in a couple of bars in Peurto Rico and it was around €2.50 for a Glass which was slightly smaller than a pint. Still great price compared to here. Bottles of Miller were €2.50 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

cheers dudes! i think i'll bring the 1400 euro just in case....you never know when you have to ply the ladies with drink! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

1400 is enough, it's no more than 2.50 for two pints of tropical you get double drinks everywhere even if you only want one

Advertisement