Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good universal remote?

Options
  • 28-05-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Whats a good universal remote? was looking at

Cambridge Audio M1 enhanced Multimedia Explorer

Kameleon 8 in 1 remote model URC9960 ?

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

The one for all 4-in-1 or 6-in-1 is good and not too expensive. It's not slimline, and doesnt have any LCD display or anything, but will control just about any piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I'd also recommend the Kameleon 6 in 1 remote. It's a very powerful remote too, it rarely has to be pointed directly at your equipment and will even work through your duvet (don't ask how i found this out....)

Support is excellent too, if your code isn't in the book, the support desk will have it for you. I've put some obscure stuff in it, and it's had no problems. Eats the batteries though.

Alternativley, get anything based on the Pronto format. You'll pay upwards of €300 for a Pronto based remote, but you simply cannot beat them for flexibility and performance. If you have a lot of macros to do, get a Pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The good thing abouit One For All remotes is that if ya lose the code manual, their website has all the necessary codes, etc.
    There's always a good chance the manual will disappear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I'd give my vote to the All-in-One remotes. Most places sell them and their quite cheap. Works everthing i've got at home ,tv,vcr,dvd,hi-fi,and sat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

pronto or pda with addon card - unbeatable but expensive
    the kameleon 8in1 is supposed to be quite usefull for its price
    have a look at remotecentral.com - even though it's US, many products are sold in europe or are usable here

Advertisement