Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idlewild.

• 28-05-2004 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone out there that's actually likes them. I sometimes get the impression that I'm in a 1 person Idlewild cult and I'm the only member. does anyone like them? I recommend them :dunno :confused:

100 broken windows is a class album.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

They're ok.I only heard about them when I was watching Never mind the Buzzkocks and Bill was slagging their name..and then sh!t got heavy and he started on the Germans........... again....... zee money is in zee eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm pretty fond of Idlewild. I was really into them around the time of the release of The Remote Part, but I really over-played them at the time, and so I haven't listened to them much since. Dunno whether I prefer 100 Broken Windows or The Remote Part - its all good really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I like them
    but then again im a goldfish so waht do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I like them. They're really underrated imo. Even all their old stuff is cool. I was hoping they'd play at oxegen, but that seems less likely now. They do seem to play here a lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I think they're woeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I remember when I were living with a mate who was very much into them I had to listen to them over and over. They were pretty ok tbh. Have heard a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Buck Owens
    I sometimes get the impression that I'm in a 1 person Idlewild cult and I'm the only member.

you wouldn't be saying that if you saw them in the ambassador feb last year the place was packed to the rafters i remember that concert like it was yesterday

i hope they come again soon but it's unlikely til they finish their new album

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Saw them play Cuba with Turn. Very good show. Wasn't too impressed with 100 broken windows but love the remote part. I don't think I've heard any other albums tho...do they have 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Have one of their albums, and more on my computer.

Good band and good songs, but oh my god, could their song forms be so similar!
    It's usually, 2 bars of intro, most likely guitar. Then the bass, drums and singing starts. So typical. They get slightly boring easily and quickly.

But, hey, what do I know. Never saw them live. They could be totally different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I only ever had 100 broken windows but it was a class album, thought they seemed tog et a bit wussier after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea, they have 3 albums and a mini album called Captain. The other album is called "Hope Is Important". Some of it is really good, but there are some songs that sound really unfinished or something. It's like half of the album is a really early demo. Still very good though. 100 Broken Windows is my favourite album by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

I quite like them. Although i rarely seem to be in the mood to listen to them, I do like it when i hear them. Also, 100 Broken Windows is my more favourite album, but there are a couple of songs that I love on The Remote Part. I don't really know any of their other stuff tbh. I'd like to see them live though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

saw them play CUBA in galway and was blown away!!!
    Roddy Womble is one of the most talented songwriters around. period.

Very very fond of "the remote part" i think i listened to that nonstop for 6 months before the cd got broken!! ugh!

ne1 see roddy womble in the fortunate son montage in the pearl jam live at madison sq garden dvd...they supported pearl jam on that tour!! nw thats class....

ah Pearl Jam............................................................................... :`(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

Originally posted by quank
    They get slightly boring easily and quickly.

mmhuh. theyre grand but they just seem to be underrated and lacking that special something that makes em stick out in your mind. when i hear "idlewild", i kind of go.. "mleh".

saw em supportin placebo in 2000, but can't really remember it tbh!

Advertisement