Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free webcam!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Jesus H Christ ... I kept quiet for what, 5 minutes?! :):D
    Why should they?...are you saying that everyone who signs up MUST be intent on staying for 12 months?, then what exactly is the point of offering a "trial"?
    You fully intend to cut off the connection after only 2 and half months. You've said it. That's not "taking a trial" - that's 'out to get a free webcam coz I can - and becase I can I bloody well will'
    You people really are stupid, and the webcam is free you moron
    do you people even realise how utterly stupid you all sound?
    Us people? :rolleyes: Look, you're fully enitled to take out the 3 month trial - NO ONE has any problem with someone doing that. And that includes doing it for your mother who isn't all that keen on it anyway (and who is most likely not going to keep it) - as it's worth the chance. If they do keep BB then fine, if not then fine too!

It's your attitude of "it's free - GRAB IT!!!" is what pisses alot of us off.

Now can an admin lock this thread already please? It's no more than a tit-for-tat rebuttle now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by zoro
    Jesus H Christ ... I kept quiet for what, 5 minutes?! :):D

You fully intend to cut off the connection after only 2 and half months. You've said it. That's not "taking a trial" - that's 'out to get a free webcam coz I can - and becase I can I bloody well will'

So?...it's still a trial and an offer, my mom won't stay and pay for broadband as she dosen't use the net that much, she was wants to try it out, for free...hence the offer.

And the webcam is being offered by Esat, even if they didn't offer a webcam i'd have told my mom to get the free trial.

us people? :rolleyes: Look, you're fully enitled to take out the 3 month trial - NO ONE has any problem with someone doing that. And that includes doing it for your mother who isn't all that keen on it anyway (and who is most likely not going to keep it) - as it's worth the chance. If they do keep BB then fine, if not then fine too!

It's your attitude of "it's free - GRAB IT!!!" is what pisses alot of us off.

Now can an admin lock this thread already please? It's no more than a tit-for-tat rebuttle now. [/B]

But it is free, why shouldn't people grab it?...if o2 were offering you a free mobile phone if you buy one...would you not take it?

I think people should grab it, why the hell not?....they might even stay because of trying it out. And to those who have no intention of staying and want free broadband for three months + a webcam for nothing should take it...it's being offered to them for free, so why not?

Originally posted by zoro
    Now can an admin lock this thread already please? It's no more than a tit-for-tat rebuttle now. [/B]

But you're quite happy to rebute and engage in tat-for-tat. OK for you and others...but not me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Could an admin/mod please lock this thread and delete/merge half of richard's posts they are way beyond spaming at this point.

An update on this...if you cancel before the three months is up and decided not to sign up for broadband you MUST return the webcam. Just got off the phone from Esat.

So clearly the sales rep. whom i spoke to on Friday didn't know his arse from his elbow, i took his name on Friday and i reported him, if you don't know your job then don't do it. Potential customers should not be given false information.

So if you do sign up and stay on you CAN keep them webcam, for free...it's yours. Other then that if you decide not to stay then ensure you send everything back or they will charge you.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    Could an admin/mod please lock this thread and delete/merge half of richard's posts they are way beyond spaming at this point.

Excuse me...i am not spamming, i am replying to people. As you have replied to what i have said, as have many others.

Check yourself.

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Excuse me...i am not spamming, i am replying to people. As you have replied to what i have said, as have many others.

Check yourself.

You just proved my point, your last 2 posts could easily have been put into one.

No they couldn't as they are entirely different and refering to different things. I am replying to what you have said. My other post is entirely different and refering to information i got from Esat.

And if replying to someone is spamming, then you sir are as guilty as me.

You've never heard of a new line to seperate paragraph's? maybe a header to signify it. You are purely spaming.

Your Multiple posts on this one thread are:
    3 5 2 3 2 2 2 in length....which is easily classed as spaming, so to be fair at least 9 of those 19 posts should be deleted, and if this is your normal trolling then i'd say them all.

Originally posted by Serialkiller

Dude, i am quoting people...as you are doing with me. So this is proper netiquette. You quote people so you know exactly the part of text you are replying to, as do others reading.

In fact...what separates you from being a troll?...you are quoting me and responding to me, maybe your posts should be deleted.

• Advertisement

personally i would rather this entire thread deleted.
    Dude, i am quoting people...as you are doing with me. So this is proper netiquette. You quote people so you know exactly the part of text you are replying to, as do others reading.

Did u miss the entire quote option while writing a post??
    Quote, i'm not that hard to find...

And as such making me read through up to 5 posts in a row of effictively 10yr old drivel is just silly. put it all in one post so i can avoid it with ease.

[edit]
    hrm so its not hard to add stuff to a post either then.
    [/edit

Then stop replying you moron, or stop reading...does someone have a gun to your head that makes you want to read and reply?

And it's my choice how i wish to post, be it quoting, editing, or inserting at will.

And you should also be banned since you're clearly trying to provoke me and flame me, you're clearly spamming as well.

Don't worry this will be my last post on this, if you look up i think you will find my original post was aimed at the moderator for him to just lock/delete this crap.

At this point i would ask that biz/coy/chief just ban u from broadband. I've always found it such a helpfull well run board up to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Then stop replying you moron, or stop reading...does someone have a gun to your head that makes you want to read and reply?

And it's my choice how i wish to post, be it quoting, editing, or inserting at will.

And you should also be banned since you're clearly trying to provoke me and flame me, you're clearly spamming as well.

Same old same old -

Mods have explained to you what spamming is several times before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=1028134#post1028134

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

But you're quite entitled to attack me then?...that's the logic, it's not ok for me to defend my position, yet it's ok for people to attack my position?

Great logic, i'll respond until the thread is lock or deleted, i won't have people call me scum when it's not justified.
    Richard, it's pretty obvious at this stage that you wouldn't recognize logic if it bit you in the arse.

You're entitled to do what you've told us all you're going to do. We're entitled to consider you scum. If it really bothers you so much that some people consider you scum, then you can either not indulge in the behaviour in the first place, or not bring it to everyones attention. As it's a bit late for you to undo the damage you've already done to your reputation, that's simply advice for the next time you come up with an "I'm all right, Jack" scam.

(The other piece of advice I could offer is - when you're in a hole, stop digging. Far from "defending" your position, you're just succeeding in convincing that part of the audience that doesn't particularly approve of your plans that their first impressions were right).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ffs
    Richard Dower & Serialkiller, stop acting like ****in children

Serialkiller is right imho, you can easily reply to many people in the one post, you should really learn to do it Richard as otherwise your replies only serve to spam

/me thinks its time to see this thread locked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

i rang up iol and asked about this and the person on the other end said "If you decide not to go ahead after your free period you simply hand everything back"

So no free webcam so apparently according to Mark in IOL

Originally posted by Ripwave
    As it's a bit late for you to undo the damage you've already done to your reputation, that's simply advice for the next time you come up with an "I'm all right, Jack" scam.

What repuatation would that be?, people have reputations around here...or need them?, i thought this was just a forum...didn't know it ran any deeper then that. And i didn't come up with any scam, i simply availed of a trial offer for my mom, so it's still cool that people get to try broadband for free for three months.

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Serialkiller is right imho, you can easily reply to many people in the one post, you should really learn to do it Richard as otherwise your replies only serve to spam.

Like this?...it strikes me that it's kinda ok for people to quote others and reply to them, yet not me...kinda deja-vu here. But from now on i'll quote multiple people in just one posting, how about that?

But no doubt that will also be considered spamming.

Originally posted by ozmo

Same old same old -

Mods have explained to you what spamming is several times before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...134#post1028134

Actually the "policy" was never fully explained, you can't reply to anyone it seems...you can't quote them or keep replies on context. You're not allowed to defend your position or when others attack you, because it's considered spamming or flaming, while it's ok for people to make a one post comment and i'm not allowed then to reply to that.

I'm not here to pick a fight, my original post was not intended to create a flame war, nor was it intended to have people insult me when it was not justified.

If the moderators want to ban me then they have that right, they have the last word. But i can assure you, as i have seen many times on other threads, i am not the only one who has got into things around here. Etho got into a little spat not too long ago.

People easily misunderstand things, they read something and read too much into the words, text on a screen is a very bad method of communication and is easily misinterperted, or they simply post without thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Enough

richard you could fight with your own shadow oh and i told you about the spaming months ago 1 reply is more than enough you do not have to reply to each person with a new post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement