Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Cheat in the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 29-05-2004 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Obviously, since cheating in the leaving cert is highly illegal, this thread is merely in honour of the film by the same name,How to cheat in the Leaving Cert. So, any ideas?

(The Poll was an after-thought, but it'll be interesting to see the results)

Would you cheat in the Leaving Cert? 32 votes

No. Cheating of any kind is wrong.
    0% 0 votes
    No. There's too much to lose.
    37% 12 votes
    Maybe, if the moment was right.
    28% 9 votes
    Yes. Lots to gain, little to lose.
    25% 8 votes
    Yes. There's nothing wrong with cheating in the Leaving Cert.
    9% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ive thought long and hard about this.......

cheaters are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

When I did my leaving cert (2 years ago) it wasnt hard to cheat. Most places it seemed easy enough. There is a chance you will get caught though... there is also a chance someone will rat you up (You are competeing against them for a place in college so dont put it past anyone)

Then of course you also need the bottle to do it. I'm sure its easy for some people (Natural cheats) I know if I had done it I'd of been shaking and unable to concerntrate on the actual exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Well yeah, cheating is retarded, I was just curious as to how people would actually do it. Damnyanks: you've got a good point about people ratting you up - I can think of 3 people in my year who would do it anyway, even if you weren't cheating. They've done it before in house exams.

Well, you could bring in a calculator that is actually a data storage thingie!

I have a camera watch, so I could have talking pictures of text and viewed them in the exam. But I don't cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by David Lynch
    Well, you could bring in a calculator that is actually a data storage thingie!
    Don't the rules say that calculators with storage capabilities are forbidden?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Cheating in the PRE leaving was a doddle. I remember laughing audibly when the lads were WALKING AROUND the tables during the Technical Drawing exam. Great times.

As for the Leaving Cert itself I reckon it would be very difficult to cheat inside the hall itself, but you would have a better chance by going to the toilets and whipping out the notes in there.

On a side note cheating in colleges is piss easy ! The toilet method above will work without fail. Honestly I have never cheated, but I have considered it many times. Especially last Monday (and I could have done with that bloody Java code then ! 15marks gone bye bye).

Cheating during the mocks is really easy, but TOTALLY retarded. At least if you cheat in the LC, you'll get some gain (with a huge risk of loss), but cheating in the mocks is just giving yourself a false sense of security, which, in the longterm, will probably do a lot more bad than good.

In the junior cert, people were just taking to each other during the exams (obviously the JC won't be as strict as the LC - not everywhere anyway) but it jst showed how lax some examiners can be regards cheating (plus it's a huge amount of paperwork for them if they catch somebody cheating and report them - way easier just to let them at it - I was told this by an examiner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

[rumour]
    ladies cheat in the exams by writing the things to remember on their legs and then reading them in the jacks.
    [/rumour]

suppose blokes could do it too, but would have to take a few dumps per exam which might arrouse suspicion

i remeber in irish mocks, I slipped my completed question sheet to the mate in behind me, then he coyied mine. i stoped him when he is walking up to the hand it up and gave him a blank page, to make it look like i gave him my answer book to hand up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

On a side note cheating in colleges is piss easy !

What college do you go to ?
    in maynooth, they come and check your caculator, inside out, like 3 times.
    theres around infinite many invgulators circleing you.

I dont think you can go to the toilet even during the exam.

as for Leaving cert, the person sitting outside follows you into to the toilet, but not the cubicle so you can flush the toilet and whip out your notes, then flush the notes down too.
    But leaving cert is so broad that you`ll have to carry your entire book in your pants ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by GoneShootin
    Cheating in the PRE leaving was a doddle. I remember laughing audibly when the lads were WALKING AROUND the tables during the Technical Drawing exam. Great times.
    How the hell could you possibly cheat in Tech Drawing, or construction studies for that matter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

well you do you cheat in amy exam. you ask somebody whats the answer or how to do the question ;)

What i just said makes no sense. I should have said

well how do you cheat in any exam? you ask somebody what the answer or how to do the question

Originally posted by Placebo
    What college do you go to ?
    in maynooth, they come and check your caculator, inside out, like 3 times.
    theres around infinite many invgulators circleing you.

Cork IT. They come down and check the calculator, phone, and pencil case, but they dont search your pockets. Walk to toilet, into cubicle, whip out notes, walk back with notes dispatched. Its quite possible, but totally wrong :)
    I dont think you can go to the toilet even during the exam.

Of course you can, that would be inhuman and against your rights. Blah blah blah FREE THE PEOPLE blah blah.
    But leaving cert is so broad that you`ll have to carry your entire book in your pants ;) [/B]

Hehe, not really. If you've got english on the day for example and you made a good guess at the poetry quetions then all you need is little keywords to generate the **** in your head. Cheating without any study done at all is REALLY pushing it !
    Tech Drawing, or construction studies for that matter

As I said this was just for the pre. The teachers didnt give a **** and it was the last ten minutes of the exam at the end of all the exams. The weather was nice and there was an air of ARA WHAT THE **** about it. People were just looking behind em as calm as you like and walking to the person next to em. Twas one of those moments.

Originally posted by GoneShootin
    As I said this was just for the pre. The teachers didnt give a **** and it was the last ten minutes of the exam at the end of all the exams. The weather was nice and there was an air of ARA WHAT THE **** about it. People were just looking behind em as calm as you like and walking to the person next to em. Twas one of those moments.

Cheating in the mocks is a total waste of time. You paid for the fecking things and (probably) studied for them too. What's the point in doing them if you can't get an accurate statement of where you are with regards revision, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I cheated in Maths in the leaving. I wrote all the formulas on paper and went to the toilets and read them. I had to as I did know them once but i forgot them on the day and this happenes a lot so i prepared. **** that. Thats how i passed. No doubt about it. D3 on the mark. PS: I suck at maths.

I also cheated for Geography, with notes on the countries obviously. I would write as much as I knew and then go to the toilet and check them. I mean, if they check my pockets(which would have been totally ****ing stupid), i would have said, i was using them before the exam started outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

You all talk about the risk of cheating but always remember

"The Riskier the road the greater the proffit"

cheating is a shameful act, pathetic, cheaters dont deserver any respect imo

"If you cannot be shamed, you cannot be honored"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Originally posted by krattapopov
    ive thought long and hard about this.......

cheaters are scum.

people who study that useless load of muck are scum.

why wouldnt you cheat if you had the bottle, if you get away with then you've earnt your marks, thats the way i see it.

I mean its not like youre ever going to need 99% of the bollox you learn for that exam ever after that day in whole life, so whats the point in actually knowing it?-... next to nothing, whats the point in getting a good mark in the exam-.. everything, a college place etc..
    so hats off to the cheaters, for not wasting their lives studying ****e, but then managing to come out with a higher grade than those that did... who are the really smart ones?

im talking about cheaters in general not the merits of the leaving certificate

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Cheating in the mocks is a total waste of time. You paid for the fecking things and (probably) studied for them too. What's the point in doing them if you can't get an accurate statement of where you are with regards revision, etc.

Cos people were 17/18 at the time and couldnt give a **** ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Originally posted by krattapopov
    im talking about cheaters in general not the merits of the leaving certificate

oh right.
    sorry to me the title read "...cheat in the leaving cert", not "cheaters in general"... but i can see where you got confused.
    err, not :confused: .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Originally posted by DMT
    How the hell could you possibly cheat in Tech Drawing, or construction studies for that matter?

For the leaving cert mocks I ended up doing the girl behind me's tech drawing for her too. I'd finished early and wasn't doing anything so when she asked me how to do some question I figured it would be a lot easier to just do it for her. Then I just passed her back the sheet when the examiner wasn't looking. Have actually never cheated for my own gain though :)

Originally posted by nm

why wouldnt you cheat if you had the bottle, if you get away with then you've earnt your marks, thats the way i see it.

I mean its not like youre ever going to need 99% of the bollox you learn for that exam ever after that day in whole life, so whats the point in actually knowing it?-... next to nothing, whats the point in getting a good mark in the exam-.. everything, a college place etc..
    so hats off to the cheaters, for not wasting their lives studying ****e, but then managing to come out with a higher grade than those that did... who are the really smart ones?

God I hope you're not serious.... :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

well obviously not you. If you can't see what's wrong with cheating then you kinda show what kind of person you are straight away; dishonest, cruel, selfish and lazy.

Note i'm not calling you these things, i'm just saying if you can't see whats wrong then you are the above things.

Cheating in anything is bad. I'd have difficulty being friends with someone i knew cheated, it really shows a lot about their character, i mean how completely weak it is. You're completely screwing the people who don't cheat, a college place you get denies those who were honest about it. Sick and wrong. A big fuck you to anyone who cheats or has cheated.

Originally posted by dangerman
    Cheating in anything is bad. I'd have difficulty being friends with someone i knew cheated, it really shows a lot about their character, i mean how completely weak it is. You're completely screwing the people who don't cheat, a college place you get denies those who were honest about it. Sick and wrong. A big fuck you to anyone who cheats or has cheated.

My thoughts exactly. Plus the fact that if you haven't been/couldn't learn the stuff in the 2 years leading up to the leaving cert, and you get a college place by cheating, then you shouldn't be there. Firstly, because there are other people who are more deserving of the place, and secondly because you probably wouldn't be able for it (if you couldn't/wouldn't study for the LC, what would make college any different?).

Originally posted by nm
    oh right.
    sorry to me the title read "...cheat in the leaving cert", not "cheaters in general"... but i can see where you got confused.
    err, not

regardless of the title of the thread cheaters are still cheaters no matter what exam it is and i didnt actually say cheat in the leaving cert i said i wasnt discussing the merits of the leaving cert which your post revolves around
    Originally posted by nm

I mean its not like youre ever going to need 99% of the bollox you learn for that exam ever after that day in whole life, so whats the point in actually knowing it?-... next to nothing

biology, technical drawing, home econnomics, accountancy, business stuides, french, english; i could go on

so if im correct what you are saying is that the knowledge that these subjects provide students is 99% useless? they are nevery going to use it again?
    Originally posted by nm

the really smart ones are the people who will do well for themselves, people who show that they can achieve something substantial in life, cheaters will always be that one step behind

wake up

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

hey the fact remains

all cheaters are ****in losers, it really pisses me off why do a course if ya gonna just cheat it makes no sense all it shows is that you don't have what it takes and ya might as well go to mcdonalds cos thats where you belong and anywhere else is just out of your depth

i have no respect for any cheaters especially those who try and justify it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Originally posted by Dr. Dodger
    hey the fact remains

all cheaters are ****in losers

Losers with a better grade than you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

that's what we've been saying. Way to state the obvious there.

Originally posted by dangerman
    Originally posted by AndrewWK
    that's what we've been saying. Way to state the obvious there.

No. Losers that cheat (MAY) have stolen a better grade. MAY because the fact that you cheat doesn't mean you'll get a better grade than other people. It just means that you'll get a better grade than what you should be getting. So, instead of AndrewWK or Dangerman getting 5 points in the Leaving Cert, they might get 10, or maybe even 15.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My God, why didn't anyone tell me that you could cheat in Leaving Cert Art practicals?
    Anyway, writing that one formula you just can't ever remember on the side of a pencil. Oh and writing the story of a very little known comic/song/independent movie for your English paper 1. TBH the possibilities are endless. If you can beat the system, you deserve 500+ points

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement