Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent eMule versions under performing?

• 29-05-2004 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find that the download speeds in 0.42f/g aren't as good as they were with 0.42d?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

are you a high seed?, im still using .30 or something, only version where i can limit uploads to 1k when the needs be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

getting 57 kb accross a few files if i had more badnwidth would get more.

seems fine to me.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by bazH
    are you a high seed?, im still using .30 or something, only version where i can limit uploads to 1k when the needs be
    Yeah, I get High ID, constant upload of around 12k/s, but highest combined download speed at the moment is around 25k/s. I use either Razorback 2 or one of the probenprinz.de servers...

Was getting 50k/s downloads when using, 0.42d a few ago. Will have to mess around with older versions....

the version i have, allows u to cap uploads at 1k, while using the full 60k down, i usually get 40-50 down. I think netlimiter has something todo with it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Make sure you're not saturating your upload bandwidth.

If you have set unlimited upload, then your download speed will suffer. Set your uploads to at most 80% of your limit (for if your on 128K up, set your limit to 8 or 9 KB/sec).

(or use NetLimiter :) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by bazH
    the version i have, allows u to cap uploads at 1k, while using the full 60k down, i usually get 40-50 down. I think netlimiter has something todo with it ;)

people like you ruin it for everyone else.

:(

kdjac

heh, i only limit it during the day, at night its uncapped

Advertisement