Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Beste - Black Metal Photography

Options
  • 29-05-2004 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Go to www.peterbeste.com and look at the Norwegian Black Metal section.

Staggering.

I first saw the pictures a while back, but I read there in Terrorizer that he recently held an exhibition of his BM photos in London.

The photos themselves, as you can see on the website are nothing short of awesome.
    I especially loved the ones of Enslaved.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

some of those are amazing. I'm not huge into the Norwegian Black Metal scene but they are really excellent works of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

ye saw it i terrorizer too, im not really into black metal much either, Dimmu Borgir and a bit of Immortal is as far as I go.

some are incredible, the first one (Frost blowing fire) is fantastic!!

really goes to show what one can do with corpsepaint and fake blood (the one of Nattefrost with the upside-down cross, No. 23, its in Terrorizer too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Had a good look, some of them are incredible. The intro piece kinda reads like "MTV's guide to freaky freaks with too much foundation", though. The Darkthrone ones are all incredible, and the minister one and the grave desicrations are quite unsettling.
    And the Arcturus one is silly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Aye Nosmo, the Darkthrone ones are indeed incredible.

The mirror shot of Frost is also brilliant.
    That's number 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Brilliant stuff - i found the link a couple of months ago through Enslaved's website.
    It really captures the atmosphere of black metal.

I just dont understand why the missus wont let me hang up a few in the bedroom :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well then hang them up in the bathroom?

Advertisement