Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFV Incerase in lag since patch ?

Options
  • 29-05-2004 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Has anyone else experienced an increase in lag using vehicles epsecialy tanks since applying the patch. I use two machines for BFV with diferent specs and notice on both of them that lag has increased using tanks online. BTW one machine connects using ISDN and the other is the pig on 56k. Before the patch I could thunder around fine in a tank on 56k but now its impossible and very laggy sometimes on ISDN.

A strange observation is also that the lag reduces on a level that lasts for a long time ? ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Me!

Before the patch it ran sweet for me, now as soon as I get in a chopper I get warning connection messages, and its lag central. Now I even get disconnected 2 - 3 times an evening. A very disgruntled customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Change you net conn profile?

It reset mine to 56k.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by C Fodder
    Has anyone else experienced an increase in lag using vehicles epsecialy tanks since applying the patch. I use two machines for BFV with diferent specs and notice on both of them that lag has increased using tanks online. BTW one machine connects using ISDN and the other is the pig on 56k. Before the patch I could thunder around fine in a tank on 56k but now its impossible and very laggy sometimes on ISDN.

A strange observation is also that the lag reduces on a level that lasts for a long time ? ?

Why not use both PCs on ISDN..?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

The ISDN PC is at work and the 56k is at home. There is a plan to create a wireless network from work when the local exchange is DSL enabled and then I will be able to use the work DSL after hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Punkbuster has been going a bit daft on me last few nites, as long as I've it off I get pretty much lag free play on ISDN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Its true, there's a lag increase.
    I've had disconnects (not solved by the delete profile thing), exits and rare connection warnings.
    On the whole it's okay but there is definitely vehicle lag and more disconnects.

EA say it could be:
    • Internet connection
    • ISP
    • Firewall
    • Background programs
    • Server
    • The Sun, Moon and stars

My brother was playing one night, running up a hill in Ia Drang and suddenly he was looking at his desktop. It proceeded to crash about 6 times in an hour and he gave up and gave me back my PC. It crashed vaguely less for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

err how do you reset the nett con file

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One main thing I've noticed is the ingame sound. I've in-game + menu sound turned off, but I still hear some tanks approaching by their sound. This makes my machine lag a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yea deffo more lag...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

same ere, much more lag!!sounds goin to sh1te as well. Fair play to ya EA (fcukin twats)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

F*ckin hell, i only just got BB and have been getting stuck into my online games, and playing bf:v is a damn disgrace. The lag makes the game nigh on unplayable, shooting someone is just pot luck at time, just hold down fire and hope for the best. The music being played by tanks/planes sounds like an old tape thats playing too slowly at times, like "nowhere to run to baby, nooooooooooowhereeeee tooooooo hiiiiiiiiiiiiide".
    Back to bf:1942 i go until this gets fixed

Advertisement