Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon 9800 AGP problem

Options
  • 29-05-2004 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

I recently installed a 128MB 9800 Pro and I thought everything was fine but I looked at the settings today and AGP was turned off.

When I try to enable it in SMARTGART it resets to test but always turns it off again.

I have an AZZA motherboard which as far as I can tell is a rebranded Chaintech board. It says it's 8xAGP so I don't see why there'd be a problem.
    The board is fairly new and I couldn't find any driver updates. I have the Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG as well which I think is the newest?

Has anybody any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is that card performing up to scratch in games? If so, I wouldn't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Yeah I think so. Far Cry is running fine as far as I know. I know theres not much of a difference between 4x and 8x AGP (read somewhere it was 1fps?) but the fact its not even running at 4x seems strange.

Is there a diagnostic I can run to test it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Run 3dmark03 and it will give you a good indication of how its performing.

Advertisement