Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Clubs elect a President (like Spanish Clubs)

• 29-05-2004 4:42pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been thinking about this for a while..I am not 100% certain how it works in Spain but I no they elect a President every so often.I think this could be a good idea,we would get a kind of camping were we would get all the differnt ideas and which way each person wants to take the club.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sorry,the title should read Should Fans elect a President

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

No, Many of the Spansih clubs which run like this are in massive debt and a few are in danger of doing a Leeds.

The fact that each President is elected for only a year means no long term planning occurs and each new president is under pressure to buy big.

The fact that premiership clubs are owned by individuals or PLCs means that this will never happen in the U.K.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

To elect a President yes the fans have to own the club...but say the club were to say we will let the fans elect a Director of Football or a postion like that....? a set of fans could harldy moan if the man they put in charge cocked up.I agree one year would be fair to short a term as the club needs to plan so maybe every 4/5 years like the clowns we have in Lenster House

Advertisement