Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop

Options
  • 29-05-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi. Does anyone know whats going on with the Gamestop shop in Liffey St? Went there yesterday cause I prefer it to the Henry St one and its closed...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

There isnt one, theres a Game there and it was open yesterday.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

-there is a gamestop in Liffey St and it re-opened today (after re-furbishment) at 2pm I think - looks sweet indoors. They had a dj and some tasty birds giving crap out for the grand re-opening.

Not as many bargains to be had though (methinks the Gamesworld facade was better)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL thought he said Liffey Valley //me wanders away.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

- try running

/aims

/blasts

/assumes moderator position

(and no - not in the necrophiliac sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

EDIT: nevermind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rink

Have to say, I go to the Liffey St gamestop cause I seem to get treated better than I do in 'Game' and I think Its cause I'm a girl...? Last time I was in Game on Henry St and they told me that a game I wanted didnt exist cause they hadnt heard of it (it was 'Panzer Dragoon Orta' and I got it as a trade in from gamestop the same day!) The 2 guys behind the counter didn't even check though. Its happened a few times in there so I've given up going in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most shop staff in video game shop seem to be quite ignorant of gaming in general. They only know about the latest EA game and will tell you to buy an xbox over the other consoles. And it looks like they don't even know about the xboxes best game Panzer Dragoon Orta. In America the game store staff would happily talk to you for hours about games.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Most shop staff in video game shop seem to be quite ignorant of gaming in general.
    Heyyyy.....:rolleyes: I resent that!
    and will tell you to buy an xbox over the other consoles.
    Not in this lifetime. Cube all the way. Though most of the guys I work with are Xbox-heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i love putting game shop staff to shame :)

like way back when i asked if they had a copy of mech commander gold, they lad behind the counter argued me down to the ground that there was no game by that name, so i went and bought it in hmv and came back and shoved it in his face 'LOOK WHAT MAGICALLY POPPED INTO EXISTANCE!!!!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I said most rainbow kirby. Be happy in the knowledge that you are one of the few game shop staff that I respect. It's a pity there aren't more like you in the shop that I do visit.

Why are most shop staff xbox diehards. They should know it offers very few quality games. Are they getting paid to say nice things about the xbox or are the male staff compensating for something by having the most powerful console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We're not getting paid to say stuff about the xbox. A lot of the guys are Halo addicts. FPS jocks who cant afford a good PC to play them properly. Though one of the Halo addicts is buying a GC the day Metroid Prime 2 comes out...
    And yeah, they probably are compensating for something! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

When I worked in game we were all xbox die-hards, mainly because we used to have 16-man halo link-ups. I genuinely prefer the xbox to the ps2 tbh (never played panzer dragoon orta but from what i hear its quite tasty) so i would always recommend it, but not without throwing a good word the gamecube's direction. I love my cube but 90% of people who walked in the door either didnt want one cos its a "kids" console or just wanted an xbox or ps2 to be "cool" cos all their mates have one.

But thats the thing about game, you can always tell the ones who work there because they love games from the ones who work there just cos its a job.

Ahhhhh, I love my PS2. Its so sleek lookin'. X box has cool games, but its kind of bulky, and thats a whole lot of green... PD Orta is pretty hard but its the reason I bought an X box. It was a challenge (im fed up with buying games and finishing them too quickly) and its beautiful to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

People always seem to be offended by the xbox's colour, i just dont see how it can bother anyone. Maybe there colour blind? But IMO White and blue really suits the xbox :D . Oh yea and american games clerks are dead sound, most even let you try out the game (my local EB games did anywho). I think before applying for a job like that in the states you have to have indepth knowledge of all the consoles :?

Is that true about having in-depth product knowledge before you work in a game store in the states? Maybe thats where Im going wrong, I keep buying mine in Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I got my job because I had good games knowlegdge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Its true, and also commen sense.

Advertisement