Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crystal xbox with red and blue controller port leds

Options
  • 29-05-2004 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Thought you guys might like to have a look at a mod i did on a crystal xbox. I did the controller ports with leds, replaced the power/eject leds with blue ones and put an halo cold cathode on the top which is a bit bright causing the pics not to reflect the actual colour properly:

crystal01a.jpg

crystal02a.jpg

crystal03a.jpg

crystal04a.jpg

crystal06a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

oh man do you need a lady...

haha

very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I have a lady :) - It doesn't take that long to do once you've done one or 2 of them. This is the first crystal i did. It's for selling on ebay rather than keeping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Thats one nice mod mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

thats very nice man 2 thumbs up or somethin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The crystal XBOX has the good dvd drive, does it? Or can they be different?

• Advertisement

the 3 i've opened had philips drives in them - two red all media, the other wouldn't read -r dvds.

Cool mod BTW, i really like it.
    Did you have to do much messing with the resistor changing to blue LED's?

the power/eject doesn't need resistors as it's 3.3v like the 3mm leds i have. the controller ports have a 5v feed so i used a 100 ohm resistor on each

Hmm, they are 3mm 3.3v blue LED's, yes? Where did you get them, and how much were they?

yep - got them off ebay. you really need to buy at least 100 for it to be cost effective. i can sell you a few if you like ;)

• Advertisement

Hmm, you got me thinking. I was doing this mod and i was going to use blue's, but they are dear. If you would be so kind and PM me a price on 20 of 'em? If thats possible? If thats too many, don't worry, i need to think about it, my head is fried tonight :)

Advertisement