Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Question] yesasia.com

• 29-05-2004 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Saw this site mentioned on the boards, and looks to be quite cheap, some might say tooooo cheap. Anyone know what the story is with them? Anyone bought off them?

Thanks,

Reese.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I've never seen/heard of them before - but the prices don't look amazingly cheap ir anything. The layout reminds me of Amazon, and they do seem to have a few big-name affiliates. Site looks professional, and a quick google of " yesasia" looks like it's legitimate. Haven't looked into shipping/VAT/import duties, so you should probably check that out before you buy. All the prices are in dollars too (US I'm assuming?), which is a little weird, since it says Ireland at the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

Well I was comparing prices for some martial art flicks with play.com, and it works out to be about half the price on yesasia, but I assume thats because its the chinese version. And ya, I presumed it was the US $.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

ive bought quite a few things from them, mostly anime and asian movies.
    they're 100% legit, great customer service and customs friendly.
    if theres something specific you're looking for they're great...they dont have the best search engine though, so it can be difficult to browse for something random.
    also be aware that not all the dvd's have english dubs/subtitles and they do charge for shipping.....but they do have great prices yeh, especially on their vcd's if you're interested in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Reese

Hmm, I thought the website said global free shipping? :-o

Anyhoo, thanks for the responce, just wanted to know if they were legit :)

Edit: Ah, just noticed that free shipping was for purchases over a certain amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

free ship over 49$
    however keep in mind that many of the cheap films you see are vcd's :)
    however some dvds are good
    have a look at koreandvds.com - bigger selection of western movies and cheaper prices, but have to pay shipping. However might work out cheaper than yesasia sometimes.
    both are great shops, yesasia in particular has fantastic customer service
    oh, while you are at it - I recommend to have a look at the 'a better tomorrow' collection :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

never heard of koreandvds.com, i'll make sure to check them out, thanks :)

if u become a registered member, you can change the currency to show everything in euro's and us$

global free shipping has a lot of t&c's unfortunately.

Advertisement