Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminal Services

Options
  • 29-05-2004 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Windows XP professional comes with a terminal services server in the form of Remote Desktop. Windows 2000 only seems to offer terminal services if you've got Windows 2000 Server/advanced server/datacenter server. Is there any way to get a terminal services server up and running on a regular Windows 2000 Professional install?
    I know I could use something like VNC instead, but I quite like terminal services, and already use it to control my desktop PC from my laptop. The other PC here is the Win2k one.

Cheers.

Stephen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

There is no way to get W2K Pro working as a Terminal Server.

But, if you just want to access the desktop of the machine from another machine, have you thought about using Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing?

It's pretty similar to RD, but it uses Netmeeting. The only downside is that you have to explicitly grant access each time that you attempt to start a remote desktop sharing session. I haven't been able to find a way around this (I'm not a netmeeting guru!)

Hope this helps,

Colm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Guess I'll just use TightVNC or something instead so :/

Advertisement