Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rock Solo Ever

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well..since guitar solo wasn't stated alone...

Guitar: Alex Lifeson - La' Villa Strangiato. Rush (yes the whole song!!,),,anyone who wants to hear THE best instumental ever played and recorded,,THIS is it.

Drums: Neil Peart Rush...any of his "Rythm Method" solo's,
    makes moby dick and other solo's seem tiresome and pedestrian.

ciao' amigo's...Baggio.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Korny

Arch Enemy songs tend to have some class solo action goin on,check out Sinister Mephisto or Ravenous,Beast of Man too.

Apart from that,Whiskey in the Jar (the original mind) is ace.

And One by Metallica,Kirk is a god...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

are u having a laugh? kirk is an asswhipe who couldn't lace satriani's or vai's boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He did learn from Satriani though. Waste of a great man's time if you consider the guitarist he turned out to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

On re-think: I actually think Marc Bolan's Ballroom of Mars recordings (Electric Warrior? - I think) were just so pure - no virtuoso bull**** - no sound engineers seriously ****in with it - I think he wanted it as is. While it wasn't Satriani - I think it was better for what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Had a quick browse through the thread and I *THINK* nobody mentioned the solo in "Time" by Pink Floyd, which is a travesty because that's probably the best guitar solo I've ever heard! My other favourites have all been mentioned like Comfortably Numb and Money from floyd again and Dazed and Confused by Zeppelin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gillzer

Has anybody ever heard the solo in the live version of Wicked World by Black Sabbath? (Past Lives Disc 1)

Now that is some solo. If you've never heard it, get it. NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

My favourite solo isn't even really a solo. "On A Rope" by Rocket From The Crypt. Great crescendo of guitars in the bridge.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Mentioned already but:

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (don't get me started on Scissor Sisters poor rip of that song)
    Thin Lizzy - Emerald

Also like Metallica - Anesthesia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I quite like the solos in The Lemon Song by Zeppelin. I quite enjoy the live Moby Dick solos too.
    And of course Time by Pink Floyd et al already mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Akira Takasaki - Loudness - The Black Wall

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Only one person mentioned All Along the Watchtower by Hendrix. That's such a cool solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

i like the ac/dc, back in black solo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Cant think of the best now...

but Blackened solo by Metallica is cool!......lots of changing innit!.....gets ya goin too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

byte wrote:
    Thin Lizzy - Emerald

Great choice. Also like Waiting for an Alibi. Lizzy signature overlapping guitar solos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Frayed ends of sanity - Metallica :O :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

Advertisement