Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Virus Email

Options
  • 30-05-2004 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I received an email today from support@iol.ie but I am not sure if it's legit. Has anyone else recieved an email like this:

Dear user of Iol.ie,

Some of our clients complained about the spam (negative e-mail content)
    outgoing from your e-mail account. Probably, you have been infected by
    a proxy-relay trojan server. In order to keep your computer safe,
    follow the instructions.

For further details see the attach.

Attached file protected with the password for security reasons. Password is 73161

The Management,
    The Iol.ie team http://www.iol.ie

My antivirus says the attached file is infected with a virus. This has to be from an untrustworthy source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

give IOL a ring/email and tell them about it. thanks for the heads up too...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What virus does your scanner report it being infected with?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Have checked the full header information of the email? it should show you where the email actually came from...

it's most likely just pretending to be from support@iol.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Freeman

As far as I can tell it's infected with W32.Beagle.J@mm virus. I seem to be receiving a lot of these W32.xxxx.x@xx viruses lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭ando

yeah thats a virus. I got it around 2 weeks ago and deleted it straight away.

Its scary how precise these virus's are becoming :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement