Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Anytime 180 hrs

Options
  • 30-05-2004 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

When does the 180 hours start? Is it the start of the month? I signed up on 24th of may. Do I have 180 hrs from 24th to the 31st and then it resets on the 1st of june?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the pie chart resets itself on the 1st of the month. i always went by that and never got over charged

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has anyone used the full 180 hours on the pie chart. Is so, do they actually charge. I think the most i used was 165 or 170. Thats as close as I got to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Yes, they do charge once you exceed 180. I've had the pleasure once. :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was with anytime but the rang me and offered me broadband only 8euro extra a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by Dub13
    I was with anytime but the rang me and offered me broadband only 8euro extra a month

You lucky git.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I have never exceed the 180's yet and I use the net a lot. My line fails the pretest so I can't get broadband. The UTV 180 is a real saver. My bill was dropped massively since I switched. Eircom will plague you to switch back. Never heard from them when they were charging me an arm and leg for dialup. But soon as I switched to UTVIP they call about once every two months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

That pisses me of about eircom they dont give a flying F*** about you when you are with them but when you switch they are all over you trying to give you a better deal,whay dont they just give you a good deal to start with.My advice to anybody whos with eircom even if you are happy is to switch and they will ring you soon afterwords with a better deal.

I no a girl who works for the Eircom win back Dept,she told me they are offering something like (dont quite me) 29/30 euro unlimited calles a month including line rent,but this offer is only open to people who have switched.

At the moment the only thing that keeps me with UTVIP is the 180 is still the best deal I can get on dialup. The Telephony stuff is probably on a par with the other deals you can get, but I'm staying also because IMO UTVIP were the first to give us good deals. I expect them to continue to do so. All the others just give you copy cat offers, and thats simply not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Dub13
    I no a girl who works for the Eircom win back Dept,she told me they are offering something like (dont quite me) 29/30 euro unlimited calles a month including line rent,but this offer is only open to people who have switched.
    Eircom Talktime provides 300 off-peak minutes and 120 "call a friend for free" minutes for €29.99.

That's €24.18 line rental, plus €3.79 (300 "national" minutes, weekend rate), plus €1.52 (120 "national" minutes, weekend rate) a total of €29.49 for €29.99 - how could you turn down a deal like that!!!!!

(In fairness, eircoms "Evening" rates are considerably higher than their weekend rates, so it's only people who use their "free" minutes at the weekends who are being ripped off!).

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Eircom Talktime provides 300 off-peak minutes and 120 "call a friend for free" minutes for €29.99.

That's €24.18 line rental, plus €3.79 (300 "national" minutes, weekend rate), plus €1.52 (120 "national" minutes, weekend rate) a total of €29.49 for €29.99 - how could you turn down a deal like that!!!!!

(In fairness, eircoms "Evening" rates are considerably higher than their weekend rates, so it's only people who use their "free" minutes at the weekends who are being ripped off!).

How does that help with dialup?

I have phone a friend on my mobile and I use a fraction of my minutes. When I do use it, its during peak time and then not free. So in effect its not that useful. I'm sure that this offer is much the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement