Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer job

Options
  • 30-05-2004 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

yo,
    i finish school this thursday and would like a summer job online :ninja:
    i can and have built a few sites and games (i know, there all crap! but i've gotten better since)
    anywhere a 13 year old irish lad could possibly get a job online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Legally nobody would be able to hire you due to Irish labour law restrictions.
    You would need to be over 16 for any Irish company to give you work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Not to mind that - you're 13 - go out and enjoy the Summer! Live life, there's plenty of time to work when you're older!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by blacknight
    Legally nobody would be able to hire you due to Irish labour law restrictions.
    You would need to be over 16 for any Irish company to give you work.

Not too sure, perhaps 13 is too young. But I think you can legally work from 14 but they are meant to get longer breaks etc. Has to be during the off term as well or something like that.

I remember working when I was 14 in a bar and I saw a sign saying what I was entitled too. I brought it up with the head barman on my break as a joke. I was told if I wanted those rights I could find a job else where heh

Advertisement