Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just replaced my coolemaster with an antec aria and p4 overclocking matx styleee

Options
  • 30-05-2004 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭

Heres two seperate posts of mine from ocuk, might do a proper review of the case next week when i get my digi cam, decided i fancied a change from my cm wavemaster and wanted to go back to small form factor without losing any of my pci cards which led me to the aria :)

Post 1:

Just got an antec aria and needed an overclockable p4 matx mobo to go in,

My 3.0c did 3.56 ghz in my p4p800 with a lil volts and 3.4 on stock volts (226 fsb)

I heard a rumour that while the p4p800-vm (matx version) had no clocking options that clockgen worked with it.

So i popped in my 3.0c today and tried for 3.4 straight up, 7 hrs later priming and 3d mark looping shes solid as a rock

Few provisos tho:
    1) No volt options for cpu (only 2.65 for ram)
    2) No ram dividers (no prob for me running 1:1)

But agp and pci stay locked

Post 2:

Got my Antec Aria today
    And i love it

Might do a review next week when i get my hands on my camera

basically ive fitted this lot in:

Asus p4p800-vm
    P4 3.0c @ 3.4ghz (using clockgen )
    Zalman 7000 copper cooler
    512mb adata pc4000
    Rad 9800 fitted with artic cooler (yes it fits i heard it didnt?)
    Leadtek tv card
    Audigy 2
    Dvdrw and 120gig sata hd

Basically ive lost none of the benefits of my wavemaster case? i fitted everything in and temps are only 5 degrees higher under full load

Only problems i see are:
    1) Takes about twice as long to install your kit due to cramped spaces
    2) 120mm fan on psu bit loud under load, im gonna try see if i can swap it out
    3) id prefer if the front was a plain black, it kinda has a bluey sparkle to it

other than that tho this is the roxxor!!

Beats my old shuttles hands down to be honest ive still space for two more hds!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Flashman

Sounds good! Any chance of getting some watercooling gear in there?

Advertisement