Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Solid Snake" to direct The Watchmen!!!

• 30-05-2004 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

No joke!

Accoring to imdb.com here, the bloke who did the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid games is to be directing the film, which he also wrote!

Now, as absurd a notion as that is, it might just be crazy enough to work... After the horrible League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen abortion, perhaps a lack of big names could only suffice to help create a decent adaptation?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He writes loads of films, he helped with X-men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

He also writes the X-men comics,I think he does anyway-David Hayter isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Cool. A Watchman film.

I never knew they were doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved Watchmen to bits....please dont dumb it down, please please please. Its one of those comics that deserve a real alternative way of making it....David Hayter please do a good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I just cant see this movie being good. American's will not watch a movie as heavy going as the Watchmen story so it will be dumbed down bigtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Terry Gilliam wanted to make a Watchmen film for ages. But he gave up because (a) he couldn't get the money, and (b) he realised there was no way you could condense it into a single film and come out with a worthwhile result. His first conversation with Alan Moore about the adaptation went along these lines:

TG: So Alan, how would you go about adapting Watchmen?
    AM: Well Terry, I suppose I just wouldn't.

Moore was intereviewed in the Onion recently and he said that he was disowning all future film versions of his work, to the extent of asking for his name to be removed from the credits. All in all, I'm not particularly optimistic for the Hayter version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm firmly in the "Just insane enough to work" category.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

if they go for a film noir style focusing on Roushrech (dam it how do i spell that!!!?????) they might pull off a good film.

Terry Gilliam wanted to make a Watchmen film for ages. But he gave up because (a) he couldn't get the money, and (b) he realised there was no way you could condense it into a single film and come out with a worthwhile result. His first conversation with Alan Moore about the adaptation went along these lines:

Its thought that the film would have cost 1 million dollars a page to make.
    I think that it has the potential to be massive, as long as they dont turn it into some 90 minute kiddie friendly film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They should make a Watchmen mini-series.

Or V for Vendetta. That would be easy to make into a TV series and something I'd pay to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement