Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Writers

• 30-05-2004 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

Nec ND-2500 available for £50 from blankdiscshop.co.uk. Delivery is a fixed £15,
    - so a spindle of 25 8x DVD-R's @ £9 won't bump the shipping cost.

Also Sony DRU-530A on special at £54 from overclockers.co.uk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

NEC ND-2500 = £65. Thats about €90-€100, which isn't exactly cheap. You'd probably be better off buying it off Komplett or JES-Computer, unless you were making big savings on media that you buy at the same time. I think most places in the UK will end up more expensive than Komplett/JES when you factor in currency conversions and shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Darwin

Same unit is €90 on Komplett (on backorder), add in shipping and it's about the same...not sure if Komplett charge a flat fee for shipping though.
    JES-Computer are cheap alright, but expensive on the shipping with a small
    surchage for paypal.
    I suppose the saving is to be made on blankdiscship when buying the media with the drive (as I did :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by Darwin
    not sure if Komplett charge a flat fee for shipping though.

€10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

just got the 2500 and also got 75 ritek-datafsafe 4X from SVP
    £10stg for 25 top quality dvds, great value and the dvds are highly compatible - work on my sony, wharfdale and technika, SVP have a handt 48 disk holder for £5 and 4 cd pens for £1, when you get this lot together it works out pretty good value
    155 yo yos inc delivery for a good quality dvd writer and 75 blanks, holder and pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,051 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The Ritek-Datasafe discs are brilliant.
    Very reasonable too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement