Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stupid bush quotes!!

• 30-05-2004 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

1. "A RESULTS-ORIENTED ADMINISTRATION… WILL MAKE AMERICA WHAT WE WANT IT TO BE-A LITERATE COUNTRY AND A HOPEFULLER COUNTRY."

2. "I WOULD HAVE TO ASK THE QUESTIONER. I HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO ASK THE QUESTIONERS THE QUESTION THEY'VE BEEN QUESTIONING.

3. "NATURAL GAS IS HEMISPHERIC. I LIKE TO CALL IT HEMISPHERIC IN NATURE BECAUSE IT IS A PRODUCT THAT WE CAN FIND IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS."

4. "THEY MISUNDERESTIMATED ME."

5. "THEY WANT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTROLLING SOCIAL SECURITY LIKE IT'S SOME KIND OF FEDERAL PROGRAM."

6. " I DO NOT BELIEVE WE'VE PUT A GUILTY... I MEAN INNOCENT PERSON TO DEATH IN THE STATE OF TEXAS."

7. "I THINK WE AGREE, THE PAST IS OVER."

8. "I'VE CHANGED MY STYLE SOMEWHAT, AS YOU KNOW. I'M LESS...I PONTIFICATE LESS, ALTHOUGH IT MAY BE HARD TO TELL IT FROM THIS SHOW. AND I'M MORE INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE."

9. "I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR YOU TO PUT FOOD ON YOUR FAMILY."

10. "WHAT I AM AGAINST IS QUOTAS. I AM AGAINST HARD QUOTAS, QUOTAS THEY BASICALLY DELINEATE BASED UPON WHATEVER. HOWEVER THEY DELINEATE, QUOTAS, I THINK VULCANIZE SOCIETY. SO I DON'T KNOW HOW THAT FITS INTO WHAT EVERYBODY
    ELSE IS SAYING, THEIR RELATIVE POSITIONS, BUT THAT'S MY POSITION."

11. "RARELY IS THE QUESTION ASKED: IS OUR CHILDREN LEARNING?"

12. "I DON'T REMEMBER DEBATES. I DON'T THINK WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME DEBATING IT.. MAYBE WE DID, BUT I DON'T REMEMBER."

13. "ANYWAY, I'M SO THANKFUL, AND SO GRACIOUS - I'M GRACIOUS THAT MY BROTHER JEB IS CONCERNED ABOUT THE HEMISPHERE AS WELL."

14. "FOR EVERY FATAL SHOOTING, THERE WERE ROUGHLY THREE NON-FATAL SHOOTINGS. AND, FOLKS, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN AMERICA. IT'S JUST UNACCEPTABLE. AND WE'RE GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT."

15. "THERE'S NO QUESTION THAT THE MINUTE I GOT ELECTED, THE STORM CLOUDS ON THE HORIZON WERE GETTING NEARLY DIRECTLY OVERHEAD."

16. "FIRST, WE WOULD NOT ACCEPT A TREATY THAT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RATIFIED, NOR A TREATY THAT I THOUGHT MADE SENSE FOR THE COUNTRY."

17. "I'VE COINED NEW WORDS, LIKE, MISUNDERSTANDING AND HISPANICALLY."

18. "YOU TEACH A CHILD TO READ, AND HE OR HER WILL BE ABLE TO PASS A LITERACY TEST.''

19. "WE'RE CONCERNED ABOUT AIDS INSIDE OUR WHITE HOUSE - MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT."

20. "I'M HOPEFUL. I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF AMBITION IN WASHINGTON, OBVIOUSLY. BUT I HOPE THE AMBITIOUS REALIZE THAT THEY ARE MORE LIKELY TO SUCCEED WITH SUCCESS AS OPPOSED TO FAILURE."

21. "THE CALIFORNIA CRUNCH REALLY IS THE RESULT OF NOT ENOUGH POWER-GENERATING PLANTS AND THEN NOT ENOUGH POWER TO POWER THE POWER OF GENERATING PLANTS."

22. ''I MENTIONED EARLY ON THAT I RECOGNIZE THERE ARE HURDLES, AND WE'RE GOING TO ACHIEVE THOSE HURDLES.''

23. "I HAVE MADE GOOD JUDGMENTS IN THE PAST. I HAVE MADE GOOD JUDGMENTS IN THE FUTURE."

24. "IT ISN'T POLLUTION THAT'S HARMING THE ENVIRONMENT. IT'S THE IMPURITIES IN OUR AIR AND WATER THAT ARE DOING IT."

25. "IF WE DON'T SUCCEED, WE RUN THE RISK OF FAILURE."

26. "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST EDUCATED AMERICAN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD."

27. "GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE; GUNS ARE DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED FOR THE PURPOSE OF ENABLING PEOPLE TO USE THE GUNS TO KILL PEOPLE."

28. "WE'RE ENJOYING SLUGGISH TIMES, AND NOT ENJOYING THEM VERY MUCH."

29. "I HAVE OPINIONS OF MY OWN -- STRONG OPINIONS --BUT I DON'T ALWAYS AGREE WITH THEM.''

30. HE [BUSH] RECALLED THE LAST TIME HE WAS IN FLORIDA, ON THE MORNING OF SEPT. 11, AND WHAT WENT THROUGH HIS MIND WHEN THE FIRST PLANE HIT NEW YORK'S WORLD TRADE CENTER: "I USED TO FLY MYSELF, AND I SAID, 'WELL, THERE'S ONE TERRIBLE PILOT.'"

31. Bush: "I talked to my little brother, Jeb - I haven't told this to many people. But he's the governor of - I shouldn't call him my little brother - my brother, Jeb, the great Governor of Texas."
    Jim Lehrer: "Florida."
    Bush: "Florida. The state of the Florida."

32. "I think war is a dangerous place."

33. "See, one of the interesting things in the Oval Office - I love to bring people into the Oval Office - right around the corner from here - and say, this is where I office,''

what a dumbass!!

bushbnoc.jpg

this guy is the original homer simpson!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Good stuff!

Almost as good as the Dan Quayle list. Would even have beaten Quayle for humour except for the fact that Bush is as dangerous as he is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

he's a funny guy allright
    seen a interview aka.spiel where he was talking about progress in Iraq, he said overall he was happy with the progres but "Im still not happy about the way the army(iraqi) is shaping up"

who the fuc is going to attack iraq with the US watching? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

21. "THE CALIFORNIA CRUNCH REALLY IS THE RESULT OF NOT ENOUGH POWER-GENERATING PLANTS AND THEN NOT ENOUGH POWER TO POWER THE POWER OF GENERATING PLANTS."
    what do they put in American doughnuts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

idiot :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

This one's one of my favourites:

"I recently met with the Palestinian Finance Minister, and i was very impressed by his grasp of finance."

:confused:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

"Am i really president"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

What about:

"A gay marriage is between a man and a woman"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

"The vast majority of our imports come from abroad"

... or somthing to that effect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

"We will not be terrorised by terrorism"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone see the George Bush doll in Forbidden Planet, he's dressed in a flight jump suit
    Now thats funny stuff imho :D

He scared me he really does..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by remote viewer
    what do they put in American doughnuts?
    That reminds me of the homer simpson quote
    "Im leaving the clowning business to all the other clowns in the clowning business!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Bush should have his own TV show :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

'My fellow Mexicans'was another I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

"the french dont have a word for entrepreneur"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What about "Iraq has weapon of mass destruction" - I almost wet myself when I heard that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Originally posted by Venom
    Bush should have his own TV show :D

He does. I mean its not actually him, ist an actor that looks like him. it was aired in germany last year. i only saw the pilot. In it, Bush is takng part in some sort of "anti drug broadcast", cant remember what excactly. Anyway theres all these different types f drugs on display, and bush is meant to comment on how bad they are (mkaay?). So, before the camera starts rolling, Bush complains of a headache and starts looking for aspirin, and takes a few Es by mistake, and hilarity ensues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

he gets it from his dad

"Hey, listen. I’m a member of the NRA. You’re hurting my feelings, as they say in China."

"If a frog had wings, he wouldn't hit his tail on the ground. Too hypothetical."

"It has been said by some cynic, maybe it was a former president, "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog." Well, we took themn literally--that advice, as you know. But I didn't need that because I have Barbara Bush."

"Tell me, general, how dead is the Dead Sea?"

"Some reporters said I don't have any vision. I don't see that."

"Don't just ask me what's wrong with our legal system. Check with that famous enforcer of American justice. I'm not talking about Oliver Wendell Holmes or John Marshall. I mean someone even more famous than that: Hulk Hogan."

"I’m not going to discuss what I’m not going to bring up... Even if I don’t discuss it, I’m not going to discuss it."

-G.B Snr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Here are some recent ones:

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."—Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

"This has been tough weeks in that country."—Washington, D.C., April 13, 2004

"By the way, we rank 10th amongst the industrialized world in broadband technology and its availability. That's not good enough for America. Tenth is 10 spots too low as far as I'm concerned."—Minneapolis, Minn., April 26, 2004

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate."—Washington, D.C., April 21, 2004

There's a guy called Jacob Weisberg who compiles these gems - check out the Slate on MSN. He's also published them in book format.

You'll be moved to tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Advertisement