Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free 20 Bulls Each Track!

• 30-05-2004 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Aight, we are releasing The Cd Now Called "Make Your Stand" in a few weeks. Heres a free track to have a listen to

20 Bulls Each - Soapbox Growler

www.20bullseach.com/songs/soapboxgrowler.mp3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Deja Vu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

The drums sound wierd, but good song (Y)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

yeh the drums sound a bit strange. the snare is too fat sounding and loud.

sounds pretty good though, like the effects at the end but i would say you would be better live! what size venues do you play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Predictable.
    First word that popped into my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Petoria

:D

That's sh*te. Are you 16? Your drummer can't even stay in time, and your riff sounds like Musicmaker on a Saturday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

The music lacks any type of originality in my opinion, the drummer seems to be quite amateurish and and guitar work could do with a bit of polish too. Sorry, it's just my opinion, I'm sure you have your fans out there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

That's awful ... not my cup of tea ..... sorry mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Just putting it out there. Definatly wouldnt be everybodys cup of tea. But there are punters out there who listen to to our stuff so this for them. Leon, I was over in the Front Lounge :rolleyes: the other day and i see some of your old "artwork" has been framed and for sale, you seen it?

no way, where the **** is the front lounge? I'm not too happy to hear that.

The front lounge is in between The porterhouse and IT Direct on the edge of Templebar, notorious Gay bar from what i hear too, nice pint though. just on the wall past the bar on the right

• Advertisement

I take it it's just a photograph or whatever? I am a bit miffed, I know they couldn't have asked for permission but I'm not too happy none the less. I'm going to take a trip in and get the "artists" name and have a word with him. It's the last place I ever would have wanted anything I ever painted to end up.

Im trying to remember the layout of it, its like a collection of Tags and scrawls from all over the place, and theres a big IDOJ in the middle along with some writing and stuff. I noticed it cause it stands out a bit.

Originally posted by bombidol
    But there are punters out there who listen to to our stuff so this for them.

:p Are you sure people listen to it? I can't imagine anyone would go to your gigs except the same few mates over & over again. You can't expect people to take it seriously when the drummer can't stay in time, can you?

No offence, but it's really really bad.
    Dublin Melodic Hardcore Punk

Well, it's "Dublin", I'll give you that much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

The Number Something is my favourite song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

thought it was pretty good.

where did you record? with a decent engineer you could sound excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

It's the last place I ever would have wanted anything I ever painted to end up

Why? As its a "notorious gay bar"?

Yes the music is a unique taste, but i do feel the energy that went into it, and feel it would be better live. Just my small change.

We recorded in Creamy sonic Studios with Peter Slankster. Excellent Studio and hes very very good. At this level, we are never going to to be 100% happy with anything thats recorded. until we spend a few weeks in the studio banging out idea after idea and getting it down. I really like the recording for the time we spent on it.
    Unfortunatly we dont play The Number Something anymore, just sounded too pop punk to be honest, and that was never what we were about

Why can't your drummer stay in time?

Why cant you stop raping children?

Why can't we all just get along? :ninja:

• Advertisement

Id love for all of us to get along. I can take critisim no problems, but this knob is looking for a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

just finished listening to it there. its true the drummer falls out of time at some points, but other than that good job , if it is lacking a bit in the originality stakes.

Originally posted by bombidol
    Why cant you stop raping children?

I don't rape children - sorry. If this was an attempt to recruit me into your secret club, you have failed.

But seriously, the ONE thing a drummer should be able to do is stay in time. I'm not looking for an argument - just a reason why the one musician whos job it is to set the tempo of the song, and keep everyone in time, can't do his job!! And how do you expect record companies, or other musicians, to take your band seriously, with such a fundamental element missing (timing)? I think I make a fair point. Your band sounds like a bunch of 16 year-olds banging away in a shed.
    You don't have to resort to a sick insult to vent your frustrations - just get your drummer some lessons for his birthday, instead of lashing out at me. I didn't start this topic, mate.

We cant all be as perfect as you Sean unfortunatly:rolleyes:

I know who you think I am Gareth, but while I work in the same building, and hence share the same broadband connection (and Sean let me use a dudmasters domain to register/approve my account, because my Hotmail wasn't accepted), my name is Peter.
    I work for TWC, but yes, Sean pointed me in the direction of this thread.
    Fact remains, your drummer can't stay in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Seinfeld

Jeez Petoria get a life, leave the dude alone. I'm sure the drummer will get better in time, no pun intended, or else maybe they should ditch him and get a new one

How long have the current line-up been together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

More importantly, why are they both banned?
    Intrigue.
    o_0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

[edit] meh [/edit]

• Advertisement

but I think 'banned' implies banned from all of boards.ie

Advertisement