Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IR peripheral for PC

Options
  • 30-05-2004 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Can you get an infra-red peripheral for a PC? I would like to be able to back up my SIM card onto the PC (i have a Nokia 6600). I can use my laptop that has a built in IR port but I would also like to have the facility at home.

Anybody recommend one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've been looking for something similar.
    Brief search brings up this
    http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE727919&productID=40213

Not very clear by the pic and descripton, how it works. Seems to have a big long cable so you can stick it on the desk, but I wouldn't want to get stuck (my USB ports are the back of my machine, which is under the desk, so things that plug direct into the hub make me sad).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Belkin Smartbeam

Harvey Normans and Peats both have this device for about 45 euro that works a treat for mobile phones and PDA's, it's the same as the one mentioned above. It comes with a driver on 3.5" FDD and a 1m USB cable.

ZEN

Advertisement