Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Live petition to wwe

• 30-05-2004 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Dont know whether this is what ye wanted lads but the petition is now live and waiting for signatures at the web address below

http://www.petitiononline.com/ww260504/petition.html

Regards

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

you should add "Republic of" before the word Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

If we get enough signatures ill e-mail this off to WWE and will make it clear it came from south of the border

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Sorry to say as much as it would be nice to be included in the tour, an online petition will in no way, shape or form persuade Vinnie and Co. to include Dublin.

The only people that can influence Vinnie Mac are the advertisers, tv stations and investors of WWE.

Stop wasting your time with these pointless petitions - they are doomed before they start - I mean c'mon - you really think WWE is going to pay attention to that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its better than nothing tho, at least the wwe may get some sort of idea that people here are interested and more importantly that Ireland North and South are infact two completely seperate countries.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

o

• Advertisement

if you have nothing to contribute worthwhile to this thread as a pro-wrestling fan, then sadly dear TCP/IP I pronounce you

muppet.jpg

and

attentionwhore.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

If the recent full houses in Dublin won't convince them, nothing will.

Originally posted by Gonzo
    its better than nothing tho, at least the wwe may get some sort of idea that people here are interested and more importantly that Ireland North and South are infact two completely seperate countries.

the fact is the WWE know how much they have made from the two nights in the republic - total of around €750K - doesnt mean jacksh*t - to them any show north or south of the border are simply house shows - there are plenty of cities in the states that have gone years without a WWE event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I don't see what all the big fuss is about. Belfast is only up the road. If you really want to see WWE live, then just go to it, or go to the ones in England. Most Americans would travel those distances to see the shows on over there, it's only a 2-3 hour trip after all.

You expect a company to pay a whole load of money to put a show on in Dublin for you, but you don't want to spend just a few quid yourself to go see it in Belfast.

This isn't aimed at any one person in particular, just people who are complaining about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If i lived in dublin id have my ticket bought and i wouldnt be complaining. It would take me about 7 hours to get to Belfast from Galway which means id have to stay the night. So i would need about €200 and a weekend off which would cost another €60 in loose of ernings. I cant afford to miss school next year cus ill be in Leaving Cert and Down and dirty is on a thursday so it is out of the question. If they brought a show to Dublin on the saterday night it would suit fine and i would have more money to spend on mechindise which is what the wwe are interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Lets keep the conversation friendly guys....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I also live in Galway, I'm a student in College and I also doubt I could afford a trip to Belfast...Dublin is one thing, Belfast is in another country, sadly...Only WWE doesn't realise it...I'll support the petition

bumpety bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    Sorry to say as much as it would be nice to be included in the tour, an online petition will in no way, shape or form persuade Vinnie and Co. to include Dublin.

The only people that can influence Vinnie Mac are the advertisers, tv stations and investors of WWE.

Stop wasting your time with these pointless petitions - they are doomed before they start - I mean c'mon - you really think WWE is going to pay attention to that?

Dude, its not gonna kill anyone to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I think the petition is a great idea, it might get the attention of somebody in WWE. But i can only see it having any sort of affect if theres like 10,000 signatures or something, and thats not going to happen at the rate its going atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

aww man the wwe just added a secound belfast show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

whoever it was that said belfast was only up the road has obviously never made that trip from cork! me and one of my buddies made that trip bout a year and a half ago the 1st time smackdown was in belfast and christ twas some journey!! we had to get two buses,one from cork to dublin and another from dublin to belfast,we left at 8 in the morning and didnt get to our hotel in belfast (which was right next to the bus station) until 6 and also we had to change all our money over to sterling as well!! granted it was probably worth it then because at that stage smackdown was actually the better quality show with angle and benoit as tag champs and brock as the unstoppable heel and all three put in stellar ppv performances in their matches particularly angle and benoit against eddie and chavo! however i was tempted to get a ticket after seein raw at the point but belfast isnt only up the road especially when half the smackdown roster remembles a bunch of trained chimps and we'd probably be treated to such quality matches as chavo classic against rico or something!! then again i could be wrong (usually am) and all could be changed by october!!

Ok guys we need more than 56 signatures, i dont care if you have to get you granny uncle or second cousin 9 times removed and who isnt even remotely interested in wrestling to sign this but we need more sigs

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

I'm in, and I got my wife to sign, too. :D That's 2 more. How many are you trying to get?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

for the wwe to take any notice of this petition we would need at least a couple of thousand signatures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 yami308

Sorry, I don't know that many people. But I'll try to tell as many that will listen.

Advertisement