Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop won't boot up

Options
  • 30-05-2004 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

My Acer Aspire 1300 laptop seems to have died on me. I used it a few days ago and it shut down perfectly, as far as I know, but when I went to turn it on last night absolutely nothing happened when I pressed the power button. The cable works fine as when I insert the battery the recharge light comes on. As nothing happens when I try to turn it on, I can't try to boot up from the recovery CD or a floppy disk. I removed the battery and cable overnight and tried again this afternoon but no joy.

The laptop is only just over a year old and I haven't had any problems with it up to now. It is Windows XP Home. It doesn't have a printer installed and it isn't connected to the internet either. I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the fan, but even if it is surely it will make some attempt to boot up?

Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Can you take it apart? Sounds like a wire ir something came loose. Definatley not a software problem if its not even booting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

hummmmmmm,

OK, if your sure the power going to the laptop is OK.

Then I'd open it up, could be anything really, I'd look for loose connectors coming form the power supply & power switch.......

Its a tough one, but im sure its fixable.

Thanks JoePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Sounds like processor has either died of more likely come loose I had the exact same problem with my old laptop when I opened it the porcessor seemed secure but i removed and reseated it and bingo it came back to life. worth a try if it's out of waranty.

Advertisement