Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver, IOL BB+ or Netsource Enterprise

• 30-05-2004 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Ive had it with IBB and their crappy service so im moving on. Potentials ive earmarked are -

UTV Clicksilver Plus
    IOL BB +
    Netsource Enterprise

Id apprecaite any recommendations or otherwise from people familiar with these packages. Any problems i should know about? Is Netsource only available to businesses and only in certain parts of dublin ?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

if you're a gamer, stay away from UTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Im not a gamer so UTV's still in there :)

Anybody on those packages got actual download/upload speeds for my info ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I'm on IOLBB+ and I get download speeds of ~53KB/sec depending on the server. And pings of 50 on CoD...but you say you don't play games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

mag: have you got the VL gear with IBB. I've had it since mid feburary, and havn't had noticeable downtime since. Pings always great (recently going as low as 12ms stable in good servers). Before you leave the only competitively priced uncapped service available in dublin, see if you can get that as a free upgrade to compensate for the problems you've had in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

Mutant, ive asked about being upgraded to 5.6khz but they dont wanna know, saying its only for business customers. That was a couple of months ago so maybe they might need to change their approach with the 3 month free trails being offered, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If UTV can sustain their current performance then they are definitely recommendable - you will see from a quick search of boards that they have had lots of problems in the past but on current performance there is no reason to overlook them and pings seem to have improved as well.

Advertisement