Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spam and Mustard

Options
  • 30-05-2004 7:19pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Discussing the Mustard forum with my fellow admins ...
    15:48 <@regi&gt; such spam
    15:48 <@ecksor&gt; I disagree.
    15:48 <@regi&gt; actually mustard is yum on spam sandwiches

So, I thought I'd give it a go. (perhaps we should have a serving suggestions thread separate from the recipies thread). Toasted some bread, bit of butter, some Dubliner cheese, tinned spam and a nice bit of English Mustard. Not too bad. Next time I think I'll have it with a good big mug of tea.

Interestingly enough, I checked the back of the tin (Hormel spam) and there's a recipe there for "Spam and Broccoli Pasta" which calls for a teaspoon of English Mustard.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

19:10 < regi> you should try putting mustard into the cheese sauce of a lasagne

Anyone care to give this one a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

No, but I put it in Spaghetti Boglonaise all the time. A big teaspoon full of Dijon in with your can of tomatoes. Adds a good wadge of flavour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    No, but I put it in Spaghetti Boglonaise all the time. A big teaspoon full of Dijon in with your can of tomatoes. Adds a good wadge of flavour :)
    I must try this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by ecksor

Some mustard in cheese sauce really perks it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Toasted some bread, bit of butter, some Dubliner cheese, tinned spam and a nice bit of English Mustard. Not too bad. Next time I think I'll have it with a good big mug of tea.

I take my mustard snacks with a cup of blackberry, vanilla and ginseng tea. Puts hair where you dont want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Used mustard the first time I made lasagne. My brothers now prefer my lasagne to my mam's... she doesn't make lasagne for them any more...

Teeheehee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I prefer the simpler method of dipping a freshly cut slice of cheese into the mustard bottle. Divine, and also hot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Love getting some home made brown bread or that round of brown bread you can get in the shops.. spread dijon mustard nice and thickly on the bread (no butter!!)
    and then nice chedder cheese, freshly cut and not too thick..

ohhhh yummmy!!! :p

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Feck but I'm hungry now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i recommended that in another thread.
    ...well, i put mustard in a cheesey roux sauce once.

made for some damn tasty cauliflower cheese:)

i'd imagine it'd go nicely in a lasagne as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

GAH ya feckers, I'll have to go get a burger that I can lather mustard on now :p

Advertisement