Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead End

Options
  • 31-05-2004 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see this movie yet? I rented it during the week on DVD. It had some funny moments, but the acting is dire, the gore is minimal and the twist is So. Damn. Obvious.

It reminded me of
    Death Watch, that British movie that Jamie Bell (AKA Billy Elliott) was in. The 'twist' is practically the same, and I can't imagine many people not copping it fairly quickly

All in all, a cheap little movie that has few redeeming features. It's barely 80mins long, which might be a hint as to it's average-Twilight-Zone-episode feel to the whole thing.

In saying that, I liked the scene
    where the woman in white kissed the teenager son, and ripped away his lower lip and all the skin around his chin. The makeup was decent enough, and it looked kinda freaky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

meh...its was...meh , thats about all I can say , some bits were good ... I just wanted it to end after about 40 minutes though. I really liked the image of the black car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

In spite of the really obvious "twist", the film had a lot going for it, and was pretty good at building up a fairly thick atmosphere of suspense.

Yes, the acting was awful. Except I couldn't help but feel like this was almost intentional - especially in the case of the father - to give it a classic "horror" feel.

I liked the claustrophobia that came from the majority of the film taking place in a car with steamed-up windows. It made the occasional high shots of the car going through the dark forest especially potent.

And the humour was pretty good, too. Especially the Mom losing it.

I still think it would have been nicer as a straight-out supernatural horror. But still, not a bad little movie.

Advertisement