Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing for the Summer?

Options
  • 31-05-2004 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

With 9 days till the start of the exams, and ~24 till everyones finished, what are ye planning on doing for the summer?

Holidays/Work/Concerts/College next year/Deferring course etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Working on a building site as usual, the pay is out of this world but I was almost killed twice last year.

And then when I'm not working I'm going to do some maths/physics.

Also thinking of going abroad on my own for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Also thinking of going abroad on my own for a while.

I want to go away on my own too, don't have a clue where. US is out, cost and general hassle reasons. I was thinking maybe train-trip around france/spain for 2 weeks. Might actually let me put my 5 years of french to practical use for once.

How much do you get paid on the site? I get a lowly €7.50 an hour, but I'm workin' as a barman, which means I pretty much raid the bar/give free drinks to friends whenever I want, so it's not *that* bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

I was getting around 11 euro an hour and then 15 overtime. I worked from 7 till around 6/7, came home and slept. I'm not sure if it was worth it, I didn't get 10 seconds to myself on my holidays, add hayfever ontop of that :(

Yeah, I used to work nights, and 12 hours saturday/sunday, which was a bit crappy. But I'd always have Monday/Tuesday off and I was basically paid to sit around and do nothing on Sundays, when it was always dead. Except when those bastards come in with their crisps. Crisps need to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lanzarote, Amsterdam, working, experimenting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Party, work, save, experiment, live a little.

Anyone got any jobs in Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Go to Hong Kong for a month. :):D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

off to prauge with my mates for 2 weeks in july,

then....

who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Going to oxegen, cant wait.
    Working in a crappy shop for a few days a week.
    then going for a portfolio course.
    Then gonna get a life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

Plan to go mental the week the exams end and just have a good time. Then im workin In IT support for AIB all summer. then im going to crete in late august. its going to be deadly

• Advertisement

How did you get into IT support? Sounds like an interesting job for somebody barely out of school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

I'm lucky in that my dad is a manager in AIB and he got me in. Its a really good job. Im very lucky to get into a third level IT support job for the summer. It will look good on my CV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Going to Oxegen, going to be god damn fun.
    Otherwise, working in a bar and generally panicing about what results I'll get.
    I'm going to Amsterdam for a weekend in August too, which should be fun.

Advertisement