Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommend a case

Options
  • 31-05-2004 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

ok, its pc building time, this is what im going for

2800 Athlon 64
    512MB PC500
    36GB Raptor
    Be quiet PSU

now, ive been looking at the coolermaster centuion http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Coolermaster_Cases_126.html

id dont really want to go the window cutting route. I like the idea of the mess inside being hidden!

Has anybody used this case? Also, I was considering getting it of overclockers.co.uk is this the besy the place to pick it up from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

OC UK are greaty have good choice and prompt service in all aspects. Those cases look sturdy, but i lke the look ofAntec P160 and the AOpen H600B , the latter is mine and was great, after a few weeks i changed the stock psu, only cause i wanted it a bit quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

oooooh, that P160 is savage.

you running a 64 platform?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

You might want to check www.xcase.co.uk. They have a lot of variety there. They are the only suppliers I could find that have my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Personally I don't like the Antec P160 or any pimped up case. Its a box thats under the table. Save your money and get out more. But if thats your "thing" I guess go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I can personally vouch for the P160, it's a kickass case.

Now, even though i have the money to go out.... I just spend my evenings staring at it and dusting every 2 mins.... :( be warned ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Personally I don't like the Antec P160 or any pimped up case. Its a box thats under the table. Save your money and get out more. But if thats your "thing" I guess go for it.

Yea its a fair point. But all the PC's ive build for myself so far have been a bit on the scant side.

What would you reccomend is a good quality, "non-pimped" case ricardo?

thanks for all the help guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Originally posted by Ebonyks
    I can personally vouch for the P160, it's a kickass case.

I second that, best build case I've ever worked with, stealth drives, sidemounting HDD bay, 120mm fans, dust filter... Okay it's a little more blingy that your run of the mill case but some of us go lanning and like to have a case which matches the uber hardware inside :)

the p160 isn't really "pimped up" it just loks like a nice sturdy case

so is the AOpen H600A and AOpen H600B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Antec Sonata or Lanboy (only cases i have ever had), sonata is very quiet and has a really nice black finish the lanboy is light and you get carry straps with it! Both have a psu so i suppose its wouldn't be a great buy as you already have one.

Jozi

Originally posted by SouperComputer
    Yea its a fair point. But all the PC's ive build for myself so far have been a bit on the scant side.

What would you reccomend is a good quality, "non-pimped" case ricardo?

thanks for all the help guys.

Antec Sonata or Lanboy, though I wish they didn't have doors. The Aopen ones are a bit narrow I find.

• Advertisement

The Aopen ones are a bit narrow I find.

Agree with you on that one! my AOpen H600B is good but not amazin!

Originally posted by Superman
    Agree with you on that one! my AOpen H600B is good but not amazin!

Any Aopens I have had were very well made. But they always seem a little tight on space, even in the full towers. But I like them. Not entirely sure why.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

termaltake xaser cases are excellent pricey but feature packed and pretty too:D

Originally posted by mayordenis
    termaltake xaser cases are excellent pricey but feature packed and pretty too:D

Pretty tacky IMO...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Heh, I'll agree with that, spammy imo... Too many glowing sculls for my linking

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hmm . . . erm no glowing skulls here just a good case keeps the whole system pretty cool hmm yeah its a abit tacky but its functional.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I know you want the mess hidden but just stick a couple of zip ties in and get a clear case.....I know about the EM emissions and all that but I like them

:D

Advertisement