Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst gaming moment?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its not that hard to back up your saved games with PC games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yep, i normally just stick my savegames into a zip/rar file every week (i learned to do this the hard way:( )

the backup program that comes with windows would prolly be ideal for that kind of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Oh another one , got Mario Kart for cube and it crashes on these 3 parts.

1st grand prix lplaying the baby cart track ,2nd grand prix on the awards ceremony ,3rd grand prix on 1st track so i ahve never played any more fo that game beyond those parts (its my bro disc works fine for him)

And SOLDNER

Got Soldner today and cant belive that a game was released in this state.

This is how my day went

9.30AM Buys Soldner (29.99 cheap )
    9.55Am gets home installs it everything went fine.
    9.58AM tries to launch it ,ATI VPU recover error when Menu tries to load.
    10.00Am
    10.02AM trying and trying
    10.05AM gets it running in Safe Mode changes settings , still getting VPU error but when i Dont Send email Game comes on.
    10.10AM Actually get to load Base Camp ,No tutorial manual is useless.
    10.15AM Figure out that the computer has missions ,select one it loads.
    10.30AM it finalyl loads (my PC is decent but this game is mad)
    10.40AM Mission blow up fuel tank guarded by 2 AI and a AI jeep.
    10.41 I head towards fuel dump in my jeep ,realise when i get there you have to buy weapons, contempate restart but load time makes me decide otherwise.
    10.44AM witness jeep Driver run over other to AI kill them both crash into a tree repeatedly (i mean repeatdley he hit it 50 times i got bored and walked away he was still jeep humping that tree).
    10.50AM He eventually blows himself up ,i find rocket launcher blow up fuel tank, get in jeep drive back to base.
    10.51AM slightly graze PICKET FUKKIN FENCE in jeep it blows up kills me ,have to start again.
    10.53AM heading towards fuel dump in jeep with LAW rocket launcher and M4 Carbine (gonna unleash hell)
    10.55AM replace tree with me and i get jeep humped.
    11.00Am give up for now.

Later i decide to try it again ,well well it outdone itself in terms of bugginess this time.
    After completing the 1st mission went to second a hostage resuce with a sub mission of blowing up a house.
    I wish i had a camcorder for what ensued, enemies trying to hump fences ,one teleported from his postion to beside me for a better shot (i **** you not) Someone JOINED my single player game from internet (firewall was spanked) gets the hostage into the jeep drives to base have to blow up the house he was in go back die from minor crash. (vehicles are hard to drive, 3rd person view only in vehicles) So start agian and this time i have a mate dunno where he came from but he was an idiot, takes him in jeep to base to get hostage. He refuses to get out of Jeep so i leave him get another jeep bring hostage back get bomb kit go back to house. Accidently kill my team mate he was annoying me with his inability to follow orders. Small firiefight ensues with me vs a one of these (see pic) it appeared in mid air landed drove at me fired then well this happened. So gets back to base all my missions done drop of hostage ,get to User Command to see what goodies i got ,house mysteriously respawns with full energy i go back with 15 C4 packs . Wipe out the house get back to base and hostage has died of boredom i think. Restart level mate gets it early i get hostage nuke house back to base, game says house is back with full energy.

I then to go to Start/Control Panel/Add remove programs/Soldner Uninstall.

Go to their forums and see 15,000+ topics on various bugs read a patch list thats 2 full VB posts long.

Also read its not out in US for another month ,guess we on a beta test we privelged to pay for.

How does this **** get out ?

Someon joined my SP game Thread form official website
    http://soldner.jowood.com/forum/sho...&threadid=15452
    Some other bugs
    http://soldner.jowood.com/forum/sho...&threadid=15488

attachment.php?attachmentid=3477&stc=1&thumb=1

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Tribes 2 and Black & White. I remember looking forward to both games for so long, I thought they would be the best games ever. I even got up early a day I had to leave the county just to get Tribes 2 and play it before I had to leave. They were both just so disapointing, Tribes 2 with it's bugs and disimprovement over the original, and black & white's... everything. One of the worst games I've ever played. Horrible stuff.
    Another terrible moment was selling my NES. It wasn't terrible at the time, but looking back I wonder what the **** I was thinking. The folly of youth...
    Another nasty time was after playing too much pokemon, and playing it in bed. Similar experience to karlh2001's lemings, I kept thinking I was still playing when I was trying to sleep, it was hell. I kept trying to turn it off, but it wouldn't turn off.. IT WOULDN'T TURN OFF DAMNIT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

I personally hated the end of halo where you had to escape in the jeep. I just found the damn thing so hard to control, and it was really slow I thought.

I found it so annoying that I didn't bother with it, and have only come back and completed it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hmm... worst gaming moments ever... Getting all the chaos emeralds in Sonic 1, getting to Robotnic and dying. On my last continue...

Or how about playing Captain Planet on the Amiga! <laughs>...

Or playing Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis on the Amiga and having my save disk get corrupted...

Or playing Morrowind for 12 hours on a friends X-Box only to go home and remember I didn't have it.

Losing my Disk1 for Sensi Soccer on the Amiga.

Ultima IX... so buggy as to make it a pain to play and far too linear to enjoy after Ultima 7.

Beating ToB and becoming a god... only the ending animation etc was a bit crap and a bit short... Kinda unfitting for such an epic tale.

Buying a budget copy of flashback for my good ol' pc... only to find it doesn't work.

Playing Minesweeper so much I had dreams... only I was the computer trying to work out which numbers go where around the mines!

Any game I've never worked out what "that" button does (there's always one... you know what I mean).

Playing Little Big Adventure... man it was overhyped.

Buying Myst... playing it for a while and realising "wait... this is utter shíte!"

... that's probably enough for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Buying a budget copy of flashback for my good ol' pc... only to find it doesn't work.
    grrrrrr, the memories come flashing back...
    i've been trying to get this beehotch working for the past 5 years now.
    i ended up having to download an abandonware version... which had some kind of bug with the teleporters, i couldn't get past the end of the second level.
    all i want is to see the rest of the crappy cinepax fmv:(
    hmmm...
    /me starts googling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the mega cd version works flawlessly in gens and has all the vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Halo on the PC. Multiplyer with 4 big screen TVs aint too bad.
    SP is a disgrace.

Firing up my Amiga a few years ago, playing Frontier again.
    Metal slide of data disk gets stuck in drive.
    I manage to rip the disk out, tearing the meatal slide off, drive and disk still work.
    Amiga gets packed away again shortly after.
    A year or so later I pull it out again, am playing frontier, leave machine for a minute or two to save a game onto the save disk (unprotected data disk left on the table).,
    Come back to find my sister rubbing....her......thumb...nail.....into.....the.....fuccking....floppy....bit.
    I had an episode of rage.
    She cried.
    I got in trouble with the mother.

Flashback was the first game I bought for my Amiga.
    Loved it, finally got to level 2.
    Couldn't make that long jump from the platform.
    I think I managed to make it *once*.
    Never repeated.
    Still can't. Still pisses me off. I don't like platformers. Didn't like Tomb Raider.

Cannon Fodder, Mission 6, phase 1/2
    Had been playing the game from beginning for about 8 hours straight (couldn't make a save disk for some reason).
    Could not finish that mission.
    Lost Jools, Jops, Stoo, RJ etc.
    Gave up, broken hearted.
    Folly of youth.

Sonic3
    Again, spent the day playing it from start. Got really, really far (2nd-last boss), went up to kitchen to grab some food, came back *just* as the mother was turning it off.
    I died a little inside.

Loved C&C and Red Alert.
    Borrowed Tiberian Sun off my neighbour. Cleared enough space off my 850Meg hard drive, installed it.
    Was majorly disheartened to find that it required an MMX cpu. I had a P100@120Mhz.
    "Fuck that" I said "Just run and I'll turn the game speed down, I need my fix"
    The game did not acknowledge my entreaties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

played jungle strike to death on megadrive...last mission on hard i went to pick up a fuel supply and my thumb slipped...got hit with a couple of rockets and fell out of the sky....

My brother deleted my 120hr gave save of FF7 and I hadnt completed the game yet, i was too busy exploring and mini-quests that i didnt get around to the story....

80% into TR1 and I get to a critical game save and i save away and the then the power cut...

I played Koopa at Q3 TDM on proDM13

I tried to fight off Monty AND Strat in RA2

Swiss sneaked Battlecruiser armada straight to my main base and yamato cannoned the defenses with 4 science vessels ready....and i had most of the map, killed off 2 other opponents & resources and a twice as many troops...3hr game and i was gutted [starcraft]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

unreal 1 or 2?

Unreal 1. A beautiful game but unlike most people it didn't fool me as to how crap it played. Unreal 2 was better but was painfully average.

Advertisement