Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone Recommend LCD TV

Options
  • 31-05-2004 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a LCD TV in the range of sizes from 15-17 inch for under 800, that can be wall mounted.

Or can you tell what brands to stay away from?

Open to bringing one in from Europe as opposed to buying in the high street retailer.

Edit: I have found one on www.richersounds.ie its a good price but i have never heard of the make before but I ahve also bought some great gear from Richer sounds thoughout the years.

They have a 17" Widescreen LCD TV, the make and model is Relisys RLT1720 and it is only 600 euro. Link below.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/ViewProducts.asp?CatID=42&ProductID=3843

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Hi Furp,

Only a few weeks ago i bought a beautiful Philips 17" LCD widescreen TV for my room and the quality is excellent. The model number is 17pf9945. I bought mine in Harvey Norman in Swords, Dublin for 850. The retail is 999 but D.I.D electrical had it for 869 so Harvey brought it down further for me (plus a free scart lead!). It can be wall mounted. The picture is crystal clear, especially for DVDs and it even has Dolby Virtual for virtual surround sound.

I would reccommend it no problems.

Philips has one happy customer here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

dell has a 17" widescreen for 819 incl delivery
    worth a look I guess

i'd back away from the relisys from richersounds, their relisys plasma is mediocre and relisys is quite famous for mediocre build quality - not bad but nothing good either
    if you could make a deal with them to get it for a week and if you are not happy to return it, it might be worth a try though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Nomatica.com have the Philips 17pf9945 for 812 inc. delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I've got a dinky 13" philips on the kitchen wall and it's perfect, real 'wow' factor (all cabling is in the wall). Also getting a Dell 17" for my (home) office which will be mounted the same way.

On any of the semi-decent LCD's I've seen the most important thing is signal strength, if thats anything less than strong it ruins the whole effect.

One thing about Harvey Norman though (I got my Philips from there), they'll do this price offer thing, but most of the assistants are grumpy/rude/ignorant/dim or a stunning combo of these four...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

In terms of picture quality, LCD's don't come even close to CRT quality (And never will).
    Electrons leaving a cathode will always be hundreds of times faster than liquid crystal layer voltage induced orientation. You cannot change the laws of physics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

True, which why I prefer CRT monitors, but you can't hang CRT's on the wall and for second/third/fourth...etc tv's they're Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gorm

Ah! so I'm not alone. I thought it was getting old/failing eye sight which made me think my flatter screen CRT looked better than LCD TV. Still, I prefer my LCD monitor for my PC and it leaves more space for junk on the desk

Advertisement