Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soldner gone gold

Options
  • 31-05-2004 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://soldner.jowood.com/

Looks okish been making it for years.

Couldn find any reviews of it only previews ,always worry when a game has gone gold and no websites have reviewed it.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I downloaded the US beta demo, thought the graphics were pants, its 3rd person which i didn't like and its kind of a modern crap version of battlefield with the capturing of points in multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

On the official website says you can switch to 1st /3rd.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I saw it for sale in game in blanchardstown yesterday E45 iirc.

But have to agree with n1ck there,the gfx in the beta were really bad, dunno bout gameplay cause i only played it for a short while and i just kept blowing holes in houses with the rpg's :D

Pity, jowood have a habit of making $hite games....thought this one was going to be good.:dunno:

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

from reading the feature list etc. it seems like a bit of a rehash of Flashpoint (which is about 2-3 years old by now).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.k. lads "It seems" and "the beta" etc. Has someone actually played the finished game before we comdemn it to the bin?

• Advertisement

Got it today ,well its like Op Flash it looks like it but doesnt play like it.
    Its a bit strange trying to see whats in front of you whilst driving is an artform i havent mastered. Played first few missions AI like to kill themselves for no apparent reason but they do it well. 1st time i seen AI he drove into a tree repeatedly i even stopped my jeep and stood beside him as he kept ramming into a tree. I walked away to complete Obj and heard an explosion it was him in his jeep. Very strange! Graphics look crap ,whoever mapped those buildings shold buy some lego could do a more realistic job with it.

Terrain looks nice but from the way it loads i reckon its one big map but each mission has things placed differently.

Atm no stars play more later.
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Have they fixed the netcode? Do whole forests still wink in and out of view when youre playing?

http://www.modtheater.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17213

dont buy this game until its patched.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yes the maps are just HUGE maps

Its is NOT a SP game in any sense, If your going to buy this game make sure you have broadband and wanna play online, SP is a waste of time.

ME and a mate LOVE the gameand we always play with eachother(in the game obviously) and this makes the experience x10 times better cause ya can co-ordinate manouvers and such. Once we had 4 of us in one server and that was great!

If ya liked OF online then this game could be for you, Undoubtably it needs a patch or two, but give it a chance

I had a server too was playing SP and someone joined my SINGLE player game.

This game has issues serious issues.

Check the mini review of how my day with it went and then check out the soldner forums biggest bug list ever tbh, its not out till next month in US so we beta test but paying for the privelge. I cant believe a game was released in this state.
    If ya liked OF online then this game could be for you

thats an insult to Op Flash.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I said "COULD" , My mate loves Op Flash and swaers by it, prolly his favourite game ever but he loves soldner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Flashpoint I love, but it was a bugfest. Eventually its why I stopped playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

The first patch has been released for Soldner

It can be got from http://www.3dgamers.com/games/soeldner/

Check out the changes made here

Hopefull it makes it a least playable...

Advertisement