Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diallers

Options
  • 31-05-2004 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Hi guys sorry to bring up a thorny subject again about diallers, but i was just looking at my firewall logs today and im getting a lot of these sorts of intrusions

virginisland-164.oceanfree.net
    barbados-135.oceanfree.net

Now the firewall has detected these intrusions and blocked them, so are these dialler attempts and if the firewall has detected and blocked them am i alright

Bit worried to be honest

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

anyone want to offer any advice at all on this

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Are these incoming or outgoing requests?

Also, look at your dial-up connections and see if anything strange is in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

check the modemlog.txt file in the c:\windows directory too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

With zone alarm pro firewall, regular adaware pro scans and the odd sp bot scan I thought I was clear of all that stuff, I run a pop up killer and addwatch at startup along with a firewall and virus checker. So to cut to the point , there is a free copy of this PANDA software with some PC mag on the shelf now in shops sorry I cant remember the name. anyway #i gave it a go last week, I has all the above integrated into it along with a spam catcher, I updated it and ran a scan , and fair play to it it picked up two dialers (thats all it got) I then uninstalled it cos it was giving me some stick and did not like my CA virus scanner but it did pick up two dialers that were missed byt the following

out server h/d firewall
    zone alarmpro
    Adaware pro
    spybot 13
    Addwathc
    Secure clean pro

hmm now i am worried dont suppose you remember the name of that mag do you

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by shinzon
    hmm now i am worried dont suppose you remember the name of that mag do you

Shin

Stupid question, but do you go online via oceanfree? These could smiply be server names - they have to call them something.

I know when I worked in DIT we called everything kirk, spock etc.

They could just be naming the servers after islands.

I dled the Panda Firewall and it found a trojan that zonealarm and Adaware missed, bloody trojan messed my internet connection up no end, but thank god it didnt find any diallers

So well see how it goes
    Cheers

Shin

Advertisement