Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

setting up phpBB2.0 on hosting 365

Options
  • 31-05-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I have just started the installation and whenever I click "install" I get an error, "cannot connect to database".

I have tried enarly every combination of details I can think of.

summary:

On hosting 365 I created a MySQL database with name <365_prefix>_databasename
    and set up a dba user for ut <dbauser> <dbapassword>

Now, in the install screen for PHPBB2 :

host: sql3.hosting365.ie:3306 (do I need to include the port or is that standard?)
    database: <365_prefix>_databasename
    database username: <dbauser>
    database password: <dbapassword>
    prefix for tables within database: <365_prefix> (should this be different?)

Database type: not sure if it is MySQL 3 ,4 or 7/2000

Administration account:
    Set up a new account with different user/pass from the database account. Should these be the same?

any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Easiest way is to click the PhpBB button under web options in your control panel. The install wizard will walk you through, set up a mysql db and login and install all the templates for you. Couldn't be easier :)

Drop a mail to support or on our forums if you need any further assistance!

HTH, Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

maybe database username has to be set to " dba "role instead of "read/write"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Well, steve was right and even finished the installation for me :) Thanks steve!

Gmod: the database username was the DBA user.

Still curious as to why the basic install didnt work though. Could it be that the 365 webhosting version was already there waiting activation?

I'm sure I'll have lots of config questions to bug people with over the next few weeks.

Thanks.

Advertisement