Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update on 3G Services

• 31-05-2004 1:27pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody,

Does anybody have any info when 3G services are going to be rolled out to business and consumers. I dont mean mobile connect cards or such like, i am interested in the actual 3G mobiles. Looking forward to videos on the go and such. I would have thought three would be the first to market as they will be playing catch but nothing as of yet.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

3G services are already on offer in this country, just in extremely small user groups... Some large companies are currently testing the services before a roll out begins.

You should be able to buy a 3G data card within the next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by TCP/IP
    Does anybody have any info when 3G services are going to be rolled out to business and consumers. I dont mean mobile connect cards or such like, i am interested in the actual 3G mobiles.

hi, haven't read about any firm dates of the real * roll out / launch as yet from any of the operators - although Vodafone have been murmuring about 3G for a good while but looks like they will initially launch that PC Card so not of much interest to you...

however as your are asking about handsets, read earlier this month where Voda mentioned that they'll have the Samsung Z105 followed by the Sony Ericsson Z1010 available in some territories over the coming months (no specific mention of Ireland though) and looks like they will be infected with the Live! branding etc...

BrianG

* real: i.e. not trials, marketing launches etc... but when a regular punter can sign up for the services

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

For generally available handsets:
    Last word from 3 was "autumn" (Irish times 3 weeks ago), last word from Vodafone was the "4th quarter" and o2 have been saying things along the lines "late this year but not really till next year".

Advertisement