Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get refund from o2...

Options
  • 31-05-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

I've ben having some absolutely rotten luck lately, on holidays last week my phone was stolen at about 2am one night and I wasn't able to call o2 to inform then of this until about 5pm the next day. The prick of a thief of course ran up a massive bill for €180 no doubt calling his thief buddies and whatnot. I rang o2 and they said that there's nothing that they can do and they're only liable for calls AFTER I reported the phone to be stolen. I don't have insurance in place to cover this btw. Is there anything I can do at all? A couple of days later ALL my stuff including my camera and glasses was stolen from the beach as well so I'm seriously out of pocket due to all this. Any help from people who have been in similar situations would be appreciated as I can barely afford to pay this extra bill as well as buying a new phone.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

Was there a reason for not calling them until 5pm? ie their customer care line was not open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I only realised that my phone was gone the next morning and I was on already on route on a boat trip, hence no access til I got back later in the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Looks like you're shagged then! Phone companies are not reknown for their compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Sorry to hear about that, out of interest, where were you? So I can aovid the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Alicante in Spain was the place. Lots of Spanish skangers around the place and if you get any kids at all coming up to you hassling you for smokes etc, tell them to fuk off and stop bothering you. They are looking to distract you in order to rob your stuff or suss you out or both.

First night: Phone robbed from under my very nose whilst I was sitting outside a bar having a drink with my mate.

Second day: Bag with loads of valuable gear robbed from under my very nose on the beach.

Total bummer and I didn't even have bloody travel insurance for the first time ever!

:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement