Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colour printing without a black cartridge

Options
  • 31-05-2004 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I have an Epson Stylus C42 and the black cartridge has been threatening to run out fo rmonths, so I've been printing everything in colour where possible. I don't do that much printing in any case.

The black cartridge ran out today however and won't let me print anything (blue text on white page). Keeps telling me the black cartridge has run out, and to replace it - with instructions. I won't be anywhere near town til Wednesday and I'd rather print my couple of colour pages now. Or better yet hold off on replacing it until the colour cartridge runs out aswell.

So does anyone know how I might print a page with _no_ black text while the black cartridge is empty? I;ve tried removing the cartridge altogether but it still tells me the black is empty and to replace it. I have no idea how to refill it (even water would do).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Exact same thing happened to me, last week on a C42. Its a pisser alright. I didn't really try that hard to find a fix for it, instead ended up buying a bunch of stuff off http://www.jrinkjet.co.uk, as my colour ink is nearly gone aswell.

It should save myself a few quid in the future. I got the reset thing too, I don't know if that makes the pc think the ink is full or just resets it and makes the epson software reaccess the amount of ink. I'll find out soon enough anyway I hope.

Anyway, I'd be interested in a solution for this in the mean time aswell.

Advertisement