Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to buy a projector, please advice

Options
  • 31-05-2004 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Lads

I wish to buy a projector. my range is from 1000 to 1500 euro and i wish to buy atleast 1200 lumnès with remote control and built in speaker+Case etc. One of my friend has EMP-30 and he bought it from PCWORLD for 900 euro +750 insurance for 4 years, total 1550 approx euro all together. in between there was a problem of a big yellow line on the screen ans he got a fully replaced new one because of insurance.
    Now should i go for INSURANCE package,? i went to PC WORLD and EPSON EMP TW 10 is there for 1100 euro (Insurance not included yet).
    i also saw a sony but witha poor look so i dont know.
    DIXONS on web are giving the same +MINI FREEDGE and 62" screen free

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1257084734.1086017793@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccfadclgmfmkdmcflgceggdhhmdfhm.0&page=SimpleSearchProducts&getproducts=nocategory&criterion=projectors#productmarker

also people are saying panasonic is better, but they are costly as on complett and on peats.

i want only european sites or irsih/uk as shipping from US is not worth, specially for projectors and same is for EBAY, i dont want a used one.

any clue, which one i should go for and where is the cheapest one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

I have a sony meself - that insurance seems to be a rip off

a) Surely there is a warranty with the product
    b) after a year if I had a proble or the thing broke surely my household insurance would cover it

Komplett.ie do good deals BTW

Advertisement