Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue screen of death!!

Options
  • 31-05-2004 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have a problem:) My PC was working away grand yesterday, and now today when I power it up it blue screens just before the logon window (win2000) everytime - even when I try to boot in safe mode. The thing is, every time it blue screens I get a different error - some of them being:

kmode_exception_not_handled
    ntfs_file_system
    page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I'm assuming that this is looking like a dying hard drive issue - any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Anything OCed?. Usually looking up the stop codes on MS site can help, here is one of your warnings, it seems as if it's a virus. Look up the others note down the exact stop code i.e. STOP 0x0000001e KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and throw them into to google, see what comes up.

Advertisement